RD Miguel Tourigny - Blainville-Boisbriand, QMJHL (2022, 216th, MTL)

Shmookpup

Aug 8, 2016
So this is an intriguing player. He broke into the Armada defence after the trade period, which saw half the team get traded away & go full-rebuild. Once he earned his spot, he made a strong and immediate impression. 7 Goals (pretty good) along with 5 assists in 29 games as a 16 year old on a team that couldn't score a goal if their lives depended on it should give you an idea of his offensive prowess. He also put up 3 assists in 5 playoff games.

His offensive abilities are what makes him special. His skating, hands, passing, and especially creativity are all assets of his. The best way I can describe him is that in the offensive zone, he's always there. He's ubiquitous, always moving around to try and create a chance.

Defensively, he works hard. He isn't soft by any means, in fact he plays defence swiftly and aggressively. I'd call him more ineffective than anything, sadly. He takes too many stick penalties as a result. This can certainly be worked on, however. Don't forget that he turned 17 in February.

Here's the catch. At the moment, he's 5'7 and 157 lbs. I don't have to explain why that's concerning for a defenseman. Despite this, Future Considerations has him ranked #97 for the 2020 draft. He should pick up more attention as this season begins. I see him being an obvious powerplay choice. In 5v5 play, pair him with a larger, more solid defenseman who takes care of business in the slot and I think Tourigny can be effective defensively.

Here's a little example of what he brings to the table: (This was on the penalty kill, no less(sorry for the low quality))

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Tourigny is skilled, poised, has vision and is a solid puck mover with a great wrist shot.

I do not think his skating for his size is exceptional even if it is above average. I do not think his defensive play is at a high level yet, but he is quite stocky and strong, even feisty for his size, he is not soft.

Reactions: Shmookpup

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
3 game goal and point streak to start the 20-21 season.

Sure, small sample size, but still...4 goals, 2 assists, 12 sog in his first 3 games
you'd want that kind of start to the season what lets say, 0 goals, 0 points, right?.

Shmookpup

Aug 8, 2016
He was invited to Canada's WJC summer showcase camp after an excellent draft+1 season (36 points in 32 games). Will he make the team? Probably not as an undrafted & rather tiny defenseman but he has a chance. If only he were a few inches taller he would be being taken more seriously as a draft pick too, but he definitely still has a good chance of being a 5-7th rounder... And pretty much only because he's 5'8

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
In first 3 games this season for the Armada, for this 19 year old

2 goals
5 assists
7 points
6 penalty minutes
12 shots on goal
+4
5 hits

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He is an overager redraft, right? Wonder if Anaheim will have their eye on him since he was invited to their rookie camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad