RD Michael Mastrodomenico - Lincoln Stars, USHL (2022 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looked really solid for a 2022 draft eligible. No big strengths or weaknesses. Good size and skates okay. Played good defense on a really bad team as a 16 year old. He also moves the puck well enough and looks to have enough offense to not be an offensive liability. I also liked his decision making. I think thats probably the strength of his game, if there is one. Looks like a mid-round pick type of player for 2022. I would suggest it could be higher, but he didn't look like a big potential guy, so it may only be mid-round potential.

Michael Mastrodomenico at eliteprospects.com

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Looked really solid for a 2022 draft eligible. No big strengths or weaknesses. Good size and skates okay. Played good defense on a really bad team as a 16 year old. He also moves the puck well enough and looks to have enough offense to not be an offensive liability. I also liked his decision making. I think thats probably the strength of his game, if there is one. Looks like a mid-round pick type of player for 2022. I would suggest it could be higher, but he didn't look like a big potential guy, so it may only be mid-round potential.

Michael Mastrodomenico at eliteprospects.com

Followed Mastro since Bantam. His best asset was his puck moving ability and creativity in the offensive zone when he was in Bantam, his transition and offensive game were insane back then. In Midget, he focused a lot on his defensive game and learned to be a safer player. In the playoffs however, he looked like a dominant force. I know QMJHL scouts that had him ahead of Tristan Luneau (potential top 10 pick in 2022) and first overall for the Q draft. As far as I am concerned, he is probably a second round pick at the NHL level given his current resume. I expect he will translate easily to the USHL game.

The offense could surprise you.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Imagine the quantities of pasta being consumed in the Mastrodomenico household. Generational intake

Reactions: Killerjas

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Seems like he’s a hard NCAA (Notre Dame) lean if nobody took a flier on him until the 5th round? Although I know the Remparts program is one of the Q clubs that has got pull.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Seems like he’s a hard NCAA (Notre Dame) lean if nobody took a flier on him until the 5th round? Although I know the Remparts program is one of the Q clubs that has got pull.

His parents really want him to play in the NCAA. The kid wanted to play in the Q last season but the parents had the last word. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: BKarchitect

ndmd99

Apr 9, 2018
2 goals last night. 1st was a rocket. Showed a good burst on the second to join the rush.

4G-3A in 12 games. Tied for USHL lead amongst D in goals.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
18 points in 53 games. My notes from what I watched of him this season.

Mastrodomencio: Right-shot defenseman with a two-way game. Probably best as a puck-mover. Don’t see anything too great, but also nothing he really struggles with. Probably a mid round guy, like round 3-4.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Freshman season ended today as Notre Dame lost to Michigan State in the first round of the Big 10 tournament.

On the season he played in 22 of 36 games for the Fighting Irish (not sure if he was injured at all).

Any chance he is selected as an overage pick?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was a lot of chatter about him during his junior days - both in Quebec and in the USHL - but he was never drafted.

He is now a sophomore at Notre Dame and is still eligible for the 2024 Draft. Is there any chance he draws the interest of a team in need of a right shot defenseman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad