RD Michael Brodzinski (2013, 141st, SJS)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Kid who seems to be flying under the radar at the moment. From what I can gather he was pretty good in high school and is now a very good for Muskegon, one of the top teams in the USHL this year. Anyone knows much about him?

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Kid who seems to be flying under the radar at the moment. From what I can gather he was pretty good in high school and is now a very good for Muskegon, one of the top teams in the USHL this year. Anyone knows much about him?
Offensive defenseman, good skater, very hard to take off his feet, scores in bunches with a very accurate, cannon of a shot, but is also able to take it to the net. Seemed to be solid defensively. Comes from a Hockey family, brother Johny plays at SCSU where their dad (MIKE) played and broke most of their (SCSU's) scoring records in the three years he played there.

Heading to the Gophers with the #1 and #2 scorers in the USHL....

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Offensive defenseman, good skater, very hard to take off his feet, scores in bunches with a very accurate, cannon of a shot, but is also able to take it to the net. Seemed to be solid defensively. Comes from a Hockey family, brother Johny plays at SCSU where their dad (MIKE) played and broke most of their (SCSU's) scoring records in the three years he played there.

Heading to the Gophers with the #1 and #2 scorers in the USHL....

thanks!

what kind of value do you think he has at the draft? 2nd-3rd round guy? Late pick?

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
thanks!

what kind of value do you think he has at the draft? 2nd-3rd round guy? Late pick?
Could see him possibly going as high as the 3rd round, but his stock is rising and could go higher with teams looking for a hard, accurate shot from the blueline.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
If i were a scout i'd be elsewhere.

He is flying under the radar becasue he plays under the radar . Smooth simple effective. He has turned up the scoring in the USHL. Some one will be doing some serious home work on him.

Mid 2nd and he will be a huh?
Third and he will be OK we took a shot.
Late 4th, Why did he fall.

I would wager he will go mid 3rd to a play off team or a team semi deep with D prospects. Let him play at a high, safe level and learn how to pick his spots and still play D.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
anyone seen him at Minnesota?

I watched most of the game yesterday against Wisconsin (first half, about). Unfortunately, since most of it was special teams, I don't think I got a great viewing. There was so much special teams play, I doubt that Brodzi played more than a half dozen shifts at even strength that I saw.

The first thing that struck me was that he wasn't as good a skater as I was expecting, for a smaller offensive defenseman. And he was pretty lost defensively a couple times. However, he's got a nice point shot, good hands and puck-handling skills, and makes smart pinches from the point. Seems to get a lot of PP time so I bet that's where most of his production is coming from. Definitely a project, but could seriously pay off.

Other notes from that game:

- I was seriously impressed by Jake McCabe. He's got tons of composure with and without the puck, great positioning, great skating, great puck-handling. He was seemingly everywhere at both ends of the ice and was never caught out of position. I'm a big fan of his.
- I was seriously not impressed by Brady Skjei. If he's supposed to be a big part of the US WJC squad, I worry. He's undoubtedly a fantastic skater, but he didn't really do much with it. He was out of position, got bumped off the puck a lot, and seemed mentally a step behind the play.
- Nic Kerdiles was good. He really has the "NHLer" feel about him. I'm sure he'll be an NHLer in some capacity.
- Hudson Fasching is a manling.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.mndaily.com/blogs/upon-further-review/2016/03/24/brodzinski-sign-san-jose-sharks

Minnesota defenseman Michael Brodzinski will waive his final year of college eligibility to sign a professional contract with the San Jose Sharks, his mother Kathy told the Minnesota Daily on Thursday.

Brodzinski led all Minnesota defensemen in points this season with 21 and was named to the All-Big Ten second team. Kathy Brodzinski said her son will sign his contract when he arrives in San Jose tonight.

Brodzinski joins forward Hudson Fasching as the second Minnesota player to leave school early to turn professional this week. Fasching signed a three-year deal with the Buffalo Sabres on Monday.

The San Jose Sharks drafted Brodzinski in the fifth round of the 2013 NHL draft. His brother, Jonny, was taken seven picks later by the Los Angeles Kings and currently plays for their AHL affiliate, the Ontario Reign.

Kathy Brodzinski said Michael Brodzinski is scheduled to play his professional first game against his brother on Wednesday.

....pro debut against your brother is pretty cool

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Yep very cool. Seems only apt the Brodzinski brother would be on rival teams in the NHL like they were in the NCAA. Hope they both do well. Need to have my high school represent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad