RD Maxim Strbak - Michigan State Univ, NCAA (2023, 45th, BUF)

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Brutal game by Strbak against Finland in quarter-finals.

But he's still a good young player with a bright future!

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Its part of a learning process. Next time he will know, he must focus all the time he is on ice.
But there is more concerns: his offensive game never arrived in NCAA. His WJC numbers inflated due to his usage. He isn’t exactly defensive monster and isn’t a punishing hitter, and of course prone to some brutal turnovers like we saw at WJC on numerous occasions. Personally I see him a few levels below Fehervary at the same age. Could Strbak become 5-6 dman in the NHL? We will see.

Reactions: hellwar9

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
But there is more concerns: his offensive game never arrived in NCAA. His WJC numbers inflated due to his usage. He isn’t exactly defensive monster and isn’t a punishing hitter, and of course prone to some brutal turnovers like we saw at WJC on numerous occasions. Personally I see him a few levels below Fehervary at the same age. Could Strbak become 5-6 dman in the NHL? We will see.
I think with the 45th pick, you'll take that.

You hope for better and it's possible, but you are generally happy if your second round pick can play a regular shift for you eventually.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad