RD Loik Léveillé - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, QMJHL (2015 undrafted)

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Just wanted to know if some posters who have seen him can give a scouting report of his strengths and flaws and where you think he will go in the draft. Listed as 220 lbs and top 5 for dmen scoring in the QMJHL. Kid seems underrated.

Give me your thoughts!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
This past month he has been extremely good, if he keeps his current play up he should go around the 3rd round I'd think.

He was previously prone to some avoidable defensive zone giveaways but hes smartened up lately.

Biggest assets would be his skating and his ability to quarterback the powerplay, very accurate and hard shot, if it gets threw its usually a goal or a deflection that goes in. He can be physical and nasty as well.

His confidence has skyrocketed it seems like, he knows that when he skates up the ice with the puck hes going to create a scoring chance.

Probably a little biased but I think hes extremely underrated compared to some other Q dmen.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
This past month he has been extremely good, if he keeps his current play up he should go around the 3rd round I'd think.

He was previously prone to some avoidable defensive zone giveaways but hes smartened up lately.

Biggest assets would be his skating and his ability to quarterback the powerplay, very accurate and hard shot, if it gets threw its usually a goal or a deflection that goes in. He can be physical and nasty as well.

His confidence has skyrocketed it seems like, he knows that when he skates up the ice with the puck hes going to create a scoring chance.

Probably a little biased but I think hes extremely underrated compared to some other Q dmen.

See that's the thing I don't get.

220 lbs
Best asset is skating
Accurate hard shot
One of the top scoring dmen in the Q
PP QB
Physical
Nasty
Improved defensive game

Yet we are talking 3rd round for him. Why? He is older (still his first draft year) but so was Anthony Mantha. This kid just seems like the biggest sleeper.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
See that's the thing I don't get.

220 lbs
Best asset is skating
Accurate hard shot
One of the top scoring dmen in the Q
PP QB
Physical
Nasty
Improved defensive game

Yet we are talking 3rd round for him. Why? He is older (still his first draft year) but so was Anthony Mantha. This kid just seems like the biggest sleeper.

Consistency has been an issue up to this point. Came in to the league as a high draft pick and good potential for the NHL. Moved around in his first couple of seasons and didn't play up to his talent. Coming through this year however and lots of potential with this kid.

qc2nf

Jan 7, 2013
His compete level and shot are very impressive. His biggest flaw is his skating. He is having a great year but slow foot speed will have teams not so excited.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Saw him play last week and looked like Luke Schenn body wise. Really stocky. Absolutely destroyed a kid receiving a suicide pass.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
His compete level and shot are very impressive. His biggest flaw is his skating. He is having a great year but slow foot speed will have teams not so excited.

Another poster just said skating is his biggest asset...

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Honestly I wonder if converting to forward would be a good idea at some point for Loik. Seems to be more interested in attacking and joining the rush than defending a lot of the time, and his forwards skating looks wayyy better than his backwards skating and skating while defending - defending in-zone and getting back for pucks vs the forecheck. He can really pump up the ice when he wants to join or carry it at times if he has the room to get going. Can look like a different player often within the same game - offensively versus defensively. He just sinks back defending the rush and barely moves his feet defending in-zone and can lack urgency getting to loose pucks or will make the brain-fart play or low % play. He can zip pucks around and really get an attack going if he has time but the defensive element and slow-footedness is a concern for teams I bet.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
According to Mikael Lalancette on twitter (QMJHL's version of Gene Principe I think) Leveille had camp invites from Edmonton, Montreal, San Jose, Philadelphia, and Arizona. Chose Edmonton.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
Looking forward to seeing how he does at Oilers camp. He has great numbers and a good profile.

From the very little i've seen of him he seems to have a similar build as Drew Doughty, also plays a little bit like him when he is rushing with the puck. I could be extremely wrong but that's what I picked up when I saw the video.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bump.

Still a little peeved the Oilers didn't offer him an ELC, I thought he played well enough to earn one.

9 Games, 5-4-9, +1 so far this year. Must have gotten injured at some point.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Any hope for this guy?

In the QJAAAHL
75 points in 49 games
18 in 16 in the playoffs

How's his defensive game? Wouldn't mind the Rangers looking into him, RD is a need and isn't this kid 220 pounds? Hard shot too? What's the reason for him being unsigned and undrafted? Something has to be missing

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
How's his defensive game? Wouldn't mind the Rangers looking into him, RD is a need and isn't this kid 220 pounds? Hard shot too? What's the reason for him being unsigned and undrafted? Something has to be missing

Well he quit on his junior team and went to play triple A, has some attitude issues and he isn't very good defensively / is prone to boneheaded decisions.

Great offensively though.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
the kid came into the Q with so much potential...never lived up to it, like every said he does not have the consistency....I find he lacks awareness with the puck, like someone said above he sent a suicide pass to a player, little things like that he does not see making him IMO a guy who will have a hard time making the NHL, you need to do most of the little things right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad