RD Kalle Loponen - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2019, 204th, TOR)

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Loponen has been great this season with Finnish U18 national team with 4 assist in 5 games. He is at the moment on a loan with Mestis (FIN-2) team Hermes and he scored a beauty short-handed rocket yesterday:

He has 5 points (3+2) in 8 games with Hermes this season.

He may not be the best Finnish defenseman but he is part of a very good group of young Finnish defensemen in the 2019 draft and I expect him to get drafted. If not, at least he is someone to keep an eye on.

Kalle Loponen at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
This is one of the many good picks by Leafs management, I am very impressed, and it looks like the team will keep the pipeline pumping year after year.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Okay, he has played in a sheltered role in his rookie season, (that explains his team leading +/- by d-men, +8)
but 2 goals, 3 assists, 5 points in his first 8 games is still impressive as ****

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Still remember his dad giving me my first autograph, he was a great player and easily would have made it to today’s NHL.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Still remember his dad giving me my first autograph, he was a great player and easily would have made it to today’s NHL.

Didn't realize he's Jouni's son. I was a little kid back then but I do remember him from those turn of the century TPS powerhouse teams. Great player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad