RD Justin Lemcke - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2015 undrafted)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Among the scouting combine attendees without a thread is Hamilton RHD Justin Lemcke, so to kick off his thread, here's an excerpt from the Hamilton Spectator:
That's where Lemcke, who ended up 137th among North American skaters on Central Scouting's final list, got lucky.

"That's a perfect example," said senior manager David Gregory, "a player that would not have, based on the old system, been invited. The teams clearly liked him better than we thought."

It's not surprising. With his 6-foot-3, 200-pound frame, there's a lot of Lemcke to like.

He's physical, said George Burnett; a steady leader in the D-zone with an ability to contribute at both ends of the ice. Last season, he had the second most points among Belleville defencemen at 23, and the team's second highest penalty minute tally at 79.

On top of that, the Bulldogs head coach called the former Bulls first-rounder "the ultimate teammate" — a quiet but confident guy "more than worthy of being considered in the top 100."

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Guy is mature beyond his years. Stepped into a top-4 role with Belleville his rookie year and didn't look out of place at all. Upped his offensive game this year as you might expect. I think he'd be a good pick in the fourth round, maybe even late third if a team needs D-men.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yeah I've seen quite a bit of Lemcke and I couldn't figure out why the various scouting bureaus don't seem to have him on their radar. Big, right handed Dman who can do a little bit of everything. Very easy to see him at least carving out a solid career as a physical, defensive bottom pairing guy, with the upside for more if he continues to improve his puck moving game. Reminds me a bit of Ducks prospect Josh Manson who also flew under the radar. Lemcke should be a lock to be gone by the mid fourth round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad