RD Joshua Maniscalco - Arizona State University, NCAA (2017 undrafted)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Apologize if this is posted in the wrong thread. Just trying to gain a feel for this player as an NHL prospect. He is from the Atlantic District and after playing in the NTDP he played a year in the USHL before heading to Arizona State.

There was some talk on other threads here about his play in the Bruins' development camp last summer and he had a nearly point-per game season for the Sun Devils as a sophomore last season. He turned 21 in February — and is a 1999 birthdate so I believe he is no longer eligible for the NHL Draft.

Any thoughts on his long-term potential?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Apologize if this is posted in the wrong thread. Just trying to gain a feel for this player as an NHL prospect. He is from the Atlantic District and after playing in the NTDP he played a year in the USHL before heading to Arizona State.

There was some talk on other threads here about his play in the Bruins' development camp last summer and he had a nearly point-per game season for the Sun Devils as a sophomore last season. He turned 21 in February — and is a 1999 birthdate so I believe he is no longer eligible for the NHL Draft.

Any thoughts on his long-term potential?
Was he paired with Pasichinuk? Would explain the points

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Has the frame, shows enough skill to go pro.

Tough for me to comment on ASU hockey as I watch as an alumni.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Former NTDP guy. Good size, right shot. Good stats, even considering that he’s the age of most players entering their last year. Should be a high profile UDFA next season.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
For me, the offense isn't quite there, but he is a good, hard to play against athlete on defense with size that moves well enough and has solid decision-making. Good RHD. think he could find a spot in the depth of an organization down the line but not sure if he ever pushes past AHL/NHL tweener status

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad