RD Johannes Johannesen - Stavanger Oilers, Norway (2016 undrafted)

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
From EP

1997-03-01
NATIONALITY Norweigan
POSITION D
SHOOTS R
HEIGHT 181 cm / 5'11"
WEIGHT 81 kg / 179 lbs
Ranked #68 by NHL Central Scouting (EU Skaters)
chl_player_1942_270x360.jpg

Overager looking to be drafted in the later rounds in the upcoming draft. Spent the season representing Stavanger Oilers in the norweigan league, earning him a spot on the Norweigan WC roster.

from icing.no: Physically strong defenseman with a modern style of play, very good reading of the game.

Any words? Always nice to see talent coming from the non-traditional hockey countries :handclap:

Seksen

Jul 11, 2008
Stavanger
I was quite surprised that he was not picked in this years draft.
He took huge steps in the Norwegian top league this season, playing in all phases of the game on Stavanger Oilers first pairing. I would estimate his TOI to be 22 minutes pr game and perhaps even more in the playoffs.

His performance in the WC also confirmed that he is ready for bigger tasks than GET ligaen, and so it will be interesting to follow him in SHL the coming season.

Not flashy, but a smart and solid two way D who does things simple and has a very food outlet pass.

Last edited:

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
I watched 3 games of his and while I appreciate his game, I can see why he was passed over, at his size he does nothing elite really... And is not strong enough to win battles purely physically at all. Very solid all around game, but his size is a deficiency with not having one eye-popping attribute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad