RD Joey Berkopec - Burlington Cougars, OJHL (2017 Draft)

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
I watched this kid in Buffalo last night as I was there to watch some other draft eligible players and left thoroughly impressed by him. He has elite 4 way mobility and puck moving, lots of upside here. Has anyone else seen him enough to give me another opinion?

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
He attended Owen Sound Attack training camp this year. Not sure if he went home to pursue NCAA options, but there wasn't a lot of talk of him making the team (an admittedly deep blueline).

Can't tell you much about his game but if he aimed to make the OHL, then he's a real fringe guy at this point being passed over in two OHL camps.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
He attended Owen Sound Attack training camp this year. Not sure if he went home to pursue NCAA options, but there wasn't a lot of talk of him making the team (an admittedly deep blueline).

Can't tell you much about his game but if he aimed to make the OHL, then he's a real fringe guy at this point being passed over in two OHL camps.

I think there is a good chance he gets picked this year in the NHL draft. I will try and find out more info on the NCAA side. His coach Mark Jooris has a great track record with schools.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad