RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA) Part 2

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I'm a Hawks fan and this was a weird place to post this.

Replying to above post from thread 1 ...
It may seem weird but I did acknowledge Drysdale in a significant fashion in my previous post.
Both Kalynuk and Drysdale are rookie D's whom are playing extremely well and putting up approx. .5 points per game played. I don't see a reason not to post in the Drysdale thread given the similarities these two share. Again Drysdale is a very promising future star .. and currently .. at least is sharing a similar success with another rookie D albeit a fair bit more unknown .. and for that reason primarily .. I have done the weird thing.
Consider this a PSA. ;)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm a Hawks fan and this was a weird place to post this.

Replying to above post from thread 1 ...
It may seem weird but I did acknowledge Drysdale in a significant fashion in my previous post.
Both Kalynuk and Drysdale are rookie D's whom are playing extremely well and putting up approx. .5 points per game played. I don't see a reason not to post in the Drysdale thread given the similarities these two share. Again Drysdale is a very promising future star .. and currently .. at least is sharing a similar success with another rookie D albeit a fair bit more unknown .. and for that reason primarily .. I have done the weird thing.
Consider this a PSA. ;)

I’m glad drysdale is seen as the measuring stick amongst rookies/prospects.... but there is a pretty decent age gab between the 2 players your discussing.

drysdale just turned 19, kaylnuk just turned 24

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
TWO Ducks prospects who have reached a part 2 on their threads post-draft? Historic.

I know the +/- hasn't looked very good if you're stat-watching, but the coaching staff hasn't sheltered him with many offensive zone starts (not like some of the jokers back there can handle the minutes he's playing) and you can see the traits that make him so attractive. I expect him to become our undisputed 1D as soon as midseason next year.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I’m glad drysdale is seen as the measuring stick amongst rookies/prospects.... but there is a pretty decent age gab between the 2 players your discussing.

and one plays on one of the worst ducks teams ever.... literally ever and we have had some bad teams.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

Yeah for sure .. I had included that factor in my first post.
When Drysdale's 24 ... omg! he could be one of the best!

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah for sure .. I had included that factor in my first post.
When Drysdale's 24 ... omg! he could be one of the best!
Hopefully.... super excited to watch him progress(with zegs, and Perreault who is a little under the radar but I think will be a good player soon)

Reactions: crazyhawk

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He's already translated a pretty good sense of when to GO and when to be more reserved. He's only gonna get better at that. But when he feels it, he looks like Makar with the puck on his stick. You'd never guess his age if you didn't know.
Game changing skating ability, small but built solid like scott neidermyer…. And pretty smart player on both sides of the rink.

him playing with lindholm on paper sounds like a great pairing…. I think over the last couple seasons people forgot about how good hampus is, and this year the league gunna find out

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
There was one shift in the 2nd or 3rd where we was just dynamic with the puck and his skating. When he gets moving like that there are few who can keep up. Very responsible player though.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
This kid has nasty offensive talent. Honestly not that bad defensively from what I saw yesterday… just one game, but much better awareness than I expected.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
After a not so hot pre-season, man he looks really damn good next to Lindholm. He's showing a lot more deception with the puck than last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad