RD Igor Ozhiganov (2011 undrafted; signed by TOR)

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Ugh? He's not really like Zaitsev, Ozhiganov is stronger, more physical, but I don't think he's as reliable in his own end or makes safe plays as often.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
I meant they are comparable in the way of being rh shots, cska's 1# D's, both with great size and amazing skaters. Also Ozhiganov could be next high profile D from Russia and leave home for playing in NHL at pretty much the same age. Stylistically they are nothing alike actually, Igor is more offensively skilled, tougher and more physical, while Zaitsev is more well-rounded D.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Mike Babcock & Lou Lamoriello recently in Moscow to meet with 24 year old KHL RHD Igor Ozhiganov.

At first I was surprised when I found out that the general manager of Toronto Lou Lamorello and the head coach Mike Babcock had just arrived in Moscow just to have dinner with CSKA defender Igor Ozhiganov.

And then I remembered that in exactly the same way in 2016 the great coach Babcock specially came to Moscow for dinner with Nikita Zaitsev. After that, CSKA defender left for Toronto, where he had a good debut season (36 points) and signed a seven-year contract with an average salary of $ 4.5 million per year. And who will say that Nikita did not deserve this money? He fit into the Maple Leafs as if he had been playing there for five years. A big role was played by how the club treated the player, how he was courted for a year.

Now, "Toronto" has a great interest in Ozhiganov - a bulky defender ( 189 centimeters / 98 kg ) With a beautiful cast. And if you are a football player, put yourself in Igor's place: José Mourinho or Zinedine Zidane come to your city specifically for dinner. It's impressive.

Russian-English translate - https://translate.google.ca/transla...://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/999718

og link http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/999718

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
To Toronto?...

giphy.gif

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Kucherov apparently approached Yzerman about signing this guy, but we really don't have room for him.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
Just turned 25 and has 0G+1A in 16 games for CSKA so far. Marchenko as a comparison has 5 points in 12 games, doesn't look like this kid has a future in the NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is buried though. I don't think that's an indication of his abilities.

Real Madrid and Barcelona of the KHL gotta stop doing this. I just saw the other day that Chudinov was transferring from SKA. That's another guy many thought could play in the NHL at one point, now he can't even get a regular spot with a KHL team. These are NHL rosters, not KHL ones. Makes for an uncompetitive league.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He is buried though. I don't think that's an indication of his abilities.
Kaprizov or Nichushkin for that matter aren't burried though. I agree he should find an another team, because he could be a fine KHL defenceman, but I doubt he could carve out a Zaytsev career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad