RD Gustav Bouramman - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL (2015, 201st, MIN)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Bouramman is ranked 39th on Button's December list. He was selected 43rd overall in the 2014 CHL Import Draft:
"We are very pleased to have a chance to select Gustav today in the Import Draft and welcome he and his family to Sault Ste. Marie" began Greyhounds GM Kyle Dubas.

"Gustav is a right shot defenceman who has very good mobility and most importantly possesses great instincts and ability with the hockey puck" he continued.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=142252

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Was impressed in my limited viewings so far. A very smooth skater, but he can be really shifty sometimes in avoiding opposition checks and to get out of trouble. A bit undersized, but he looks very sturdy and balanced in his skating. His first pass is very good, all around passing is very good too. Good movement on the PP, really active in pinching and sliding down for the back-door play. I didn't think he was too bad defensively. He looks good in positioning and in his decisions with the puck, but he could tidy up this area a bit. Still has the makings of a solid two-way D with a creative offensive game. Looking forward to watching some more of him during this season.

arsmaster*

Was impressed in my limited viewings so far. A very smooth skater, but he can be really shifty sometimes in avoiding opposition checks and to get out of trouble. A bit undersized, but he looks very sturdy and balanced in his skating. His first pass is very good, all around passing is very good too. Good movement on the PP, really active in pinching and sliding down for the back-door play. I didn't think he was too bad defensively. He looks good in positioning and in his decisions with the puck, but he could tidy up this area a bit. Still has the makings of a solid two-way D with a creative offensive game. Looking forward to watching some more of him during this season.

Noticed the same things. Vatanen-esque skill set. I actually really like some of the Soo's other draft eligible players: Senshyn and Colton White as well.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal

Signed his ELC.

Am I the only one who think this guy has a legit shot to play in the NHL one day? No talk about him, I'm surprised!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What little I've seen of him is impressive, at least as a puck handler/mover. They've got another guy with similar skills in Belpedio. Smallish, but excellent skating and puck handling. Where is the room to play all these guys, with Reilly and Dumba also being young, talented, offensive Dmen, who are playing in the NHL now, and are likely to stay around for years?

Will Bouramman be another Spurgeon?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad