RD Filip Berglund - Skellefteå AIK, SuperElit (2016, 91st, EDM)

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Didn't see a thread on him, and he could have been drafted last year I believe.

He has good size in 6'3" and 209lbs, and he lead SuperElit D in points this season with 41 in 43 games.

He's ranked #33 by European scouting, and besides a forgettable 2014-15 (based on stats only) I'm wondering why there wasn't even a flyer taken on him in the draft.

Anyone got more information on him?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=113834

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Didn't see a thread on him, and he could have been drafted last year I believe.

He has good size in 6'3" and 209lbs, and he lead SuperElit D in points this season with 41 in 43 games.

He's ranked #33 by European scouting, and besides a forgettable 2014-15 (based on stats only) I'm wondering why there wasn't even a flyer taken on him in the draft.

Anyone got more information on him?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=113834

He had some injury two-three years ago.
Bounced back and had great progress last season.
Just signed SHL contract, so he will be playing with men next year.
And he will get lots of icetime, since NHL teams will be grabbing several d-men
from the Skelleftea organization, the upcoming months.

In this interview (in swedish) posted earlier today, he confirms that he has been talking to a number of NHL organizations.
http://norran.se/sport/skelleftea-aik/talangen-om-den-tuffa-resan-mot-aik-kontraktet-586496

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
A very intresting player to pick in some of the later rounds (5-7). Overage and limit ice time with seniors off course bring him down in the rankings, but he has star potential.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He had some injury two-three years ago.
Bounced back and had great progress last season.
Just signed SHL contract, so he will be playing with men next year.
And he will get lots of icetime, since NHL teams will be grabbing several d-men
from the Skelleftea organization, the upcoming months.

In this interview (in swedish) posted earlier today, he confirms that he has been talking to a number of NHL organizations.
http://norran.se/sport/skelleftea-aik/talangen-om-den-tuffa-resan-mot-aik-kontraktet-586496

Thanks! I'm sure it will be great getting a lot of minutes, maybe with some powerplay time. He clearly has some offensive upside scoring that many points in the SuperElit.

Do you have any kind of scouting report on him? I can't find anything on him.

Shhhhhh, only Bergman's supposed to know about him

Really hoping that's true. Take him with a late round pick hopefully..

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
He ran the best power play in Swedish junior leagues and that's where he scored a big chunk of his goals. Despite being big he's more of a risk-taking, puck-moving rightie that will make plays and get shots through. Very calm with the puck and good at finding an effective outlet. Don't know him well enough to comment on defensive abilities other than him not being a punishing phyiscal d-man by no means, despite height and weight to go around.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
9 points in SEL in 47 games (mostly 10 mins a game) :dunno: Are to use SEL points for young D

There are some shift by shift vids of him and he looks pretty good

Itd be nice to here a poster whos watched him SHL comment

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011

Bit of a breakout year last season in the Swedish league, went from being a young player of many to a key D-man for Skellefteå. Expect him to have a year of being a top-10 D-man in the league and get some national team games before making the jump. Probably still on a path to have a good year in Sweden and then start in the AHL and take it from there, would need to further improve his strength/foot speed to be one of the very few who can jump right in.

Seems to be popular with his team and has good hockey IQ, puck game and has improved to a good level defensively.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad