RD David Aebischer - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2019 Undrafted)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Defenseman currently playing in the QMJHL. He is 19 years old and was undrafted last season.

Seven points in 6 games with Switzerland at the last WJC.

HC Fribourg-Gottéron have signed him David Aebischer to a two-year contract starting in 2020/21.

The contract contains an NHL out clause.

think he get drafted this year?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I'll ask what everyone is thinking right away.

Any relation to David Aebischer the goalie?

according to elite prospests it doesn't mention anything about David Aebischer father, so I am going to say they are not related.

Reactions: sabresEH

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I was really impressed with his passing at the WJC, he looked dynamic in the offensive zone, and was pretty steady defensively. He was noticeably better than last year's WJC. I was surprised to see his low production numbers in the Q though.

Tough to say if he'll get drafted, it seems like NHL teams frown opun overager euros in the CHL, at least very few get drafted. I thought fellow Swiss D Le Coultre would get taken last year but did not.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I went to a ''Pics'' game last night, he was really good. I'm always impress by him when I watch him play, I feel like he will get a chance in the NHL at some point.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
He was Switzerlands best player at the WJC this year. His great vision and passing give him NHL upside but its hard to say if he will reach it. Fribourgs defensive corps is getting older and is on the downswing. I expect him to have lots of opportunity in the NLA next year. There are definitley worse options to use a late round pick in the upcoming draft than to throw it on Aebischer in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He was Switzerlands best player at the WJC this year. His great vision and passing give him NHL upside but its hard to say if he will reach it. Fribourgs defensive corps is getting older and is on the downswing. I expect him to have lots of opportunity in the NLA next year. There are definitley worse options to use a late round pick in the upcoming draft than to throw it on Aebischer in my opinion.
Is there a way to move this to the free agent thread?

And is there a likelihood us signed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad