RD Darren Raddysh - Erie Otters, OHL (2014 undrafted)

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
rp_SWi-I.jpg

Darren Raddysh
6'1 201lbs
Team: Erie Otters
Position: RD (R)
19g | 5+20=25 | +19 (so far this season)

Big brother of leadin OHL scorer Taylor Raddysh. Nobody has drafted him but seems like hes developin fast atm. Didnt set the world on fire last season but still 66g | 8+32=40 isnt bad either. He is RHD which everyone needs and wants and he has good upside in him. Anyone have lil better scoutin report of him ??

Asked about him from Craig Button and he quoted
:

"I like Darren and thought he would get drafted last year but now he can pick where he goes. I think he'll be signed."

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I followed Erie quit closely last season to watch Dermott. On many occasions i came away very impressed with D.Raddysh's strength and puck moving ability. When i searched his name i definitely expected to see him being drafted, maybe in the later rounds and was surprised to see that he wasnt. I figured it had something to do with the fact that he was older.

Its rare that you see someone of his size and ability go un-drafted/unnoticed for so long.

This is definitely someone that has NHL potential

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I am very surprised he hasn't been picked up. Certainly expecting him to sign an NHL contract at some point either this season or right after it ends.

Very strong defensively and his offensive game has flourished this season.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Very solid defender who I thought had a legitimate chance of being drafted last year too.

Ultimately, I think NHL teams must believe that his skating isn't up to par, especially when you consider his only average size. He and Taylor certainly have similar skating strides (obviously a knock against Taylor too). Good head for the game though at both ends and should be playing pro next year (either on an NHL or an AHL deal).

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
are team allowed to sign him right now? i dont get why all the teams woulnt jump and take a chance, the kid is already advanced in developpement and AHL eligible. at worst hes AHL depth, the point is putting as a defenseman is very impressive even if his footstep is not on point. he's probably going to sign with tampa and play for syracus next season

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
It seems absolutely insane that this guy hasnt been signed. He was on my radar in his draft season!

COMON LEAFS

62GP 16G 65A 81P +62

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
are team allowed to sign him right now? i dont get why all the teams woulnt jump and take a chance, the kid is already advanced in developpement and AHL eligible. at worst hes AHL depth, the point is putting as a defenseman is very impressive even if his footstep is not on point. he's probably going to sign with tampa and play for syracus next season

:nod::yo:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Yeah, there is absolutely no reason for TB not to sign this dude. They'll likely have a leg up on signing him because of his brother.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Yeah, there is absolutely no reason for TB not to sign this dude. They'll likely have a leg up on signing him because of his brother.

That's what we said about Vesey.

We have a leg up because we have his old partner Dermott. :rant:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

We will have Blujus, Thomas, Spencer and Cernak all in Syracuse next year on the right side. We could use an offensive defenseman like him in the system but we are overcrowded as is, 1 or 2 of them would have to move to the left or play in the ECHL. I haven't heard of any of them playing on the left so they may not work out there. I'd take a flyer on him as it never hurts to have too many RD, even if it means some of them will be pushed down the system because of it.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
We will have Blujus, Thomas, Spencer and Cernak all in Syracuse next year on the right side. We could use an offensive defenseman like him in the system but we are overcrowded as is, 1 or 2 of them would have to move to the left or play in the ECHL. I haven't heard of any of them playing on the left so they may not work out there. I'd take a flyer on him as it never hurts to have too many RD, even if it means some of them will be pushed down the system because of it.

I'd take Raddysh over Cernak at the very least.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd take Raddysh over Cernak at the very least.

They're completely different type of players. Raddysh is also one of the oldest players in the league, he's 21. He put up ok numbers in the past but he didn't break out till he was an overager. Cernak will never have the offensive ability that Raddysh does but he's more likely to be an NHL player because of his strong defensive play.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
They're completely different type of players. Raddysh is also one of the oldest players in the league, he's 21. He put up ok numbers in the past but he didn't break out till he was an overager. Cernak will never have the offensive ability that Raddysh does but he's more likely to be an NHL player because of his strong defensive play.

Yeah, I understand that, I just don't think you pass on a guy with those numbers when you (likely?) have a leg up on getting him signed. If he doesn't work out, cool. Some of the most important players this organization has had in the last few years have been undrafted signees (Johnson and Conacher--who returned the best goalie we've had probably ever).

It's bonkers this kid hasn't been given a deal somewhere.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Other then the obvious "focusing on the playoffs" is there anything else that is holding this up? Is he able to sign right now even though his season is technically still ongoing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad