RD Brayden Pachal - Prince Albert Raiders, WHL (2017 Undrafted, signed by VGK)

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
A lot of people have been talking about Leason on these boards, and I've been watching a lot of the 1 loss Prince Albert Raiders games and one name that continues to impress that didn't have a thread yet, was the Prince Albert Captain, the undrafted Brayden Pachal. He's a '99 born defender, great speed, nice right handed shot, and plays a surprisingly responsible yet gritty game. He's another PA player I think teams will wish they drafted last year. Or rather the Flames signed him as he attended Rookie camp for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stive Morgan

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Good to see this kid get some recognition. As of Jan 31 he is a plus 62 with 38 points. He is only dman in the top 20 in defenseman whl scoring with no power play points matched up against the other teams top lines night in, night out. Having breakout year and still not on the NHL or CHL radar!! Hard to figure.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Team leader in penalty minutes (109) and in +/- (+71)
15 goals, 30 assists, 45 points (0.73 ppg) and yes...still no PP points...7 x game winning goals thou (that's kinda a lot for a d-man, no?)

Its his last draft year, is he going to get picked by any NHL team this time?.

(obviously leads pretty much every d-man category of his team, except in PP :) )

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Pachal would be a perfect target for Toronto in the later rounds, or in the free agency, if he goes undrafted.

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Oilers need to shore up their d. Why not take a chance on this kid. But given their draft record some other team probably gets him lol. Its better for the kid h=if he does not get drafted because then he can most likely pick a place that is the best fit.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
1+1, both, as usual 5 on 5. His +/- was +3 this time.
= 15+35=50 (0.79 ppg) +79 | 8 GWG with 109 penalty minutes.

PA beat SC Broncos 8-0

Last edited:

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
PA Raiders win first playoff series 4-0 in easy win. If Pachal, as captain, leads this team to memorial Cup he should get lots of NHL looks.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
19 year old RD with a decent frame who skates really well, scores 15 goals and 50+ points 5 on 5 with 116 penalty minutes and is +79
Possibly leads his team, as a captain to Ed Chynoweth Cup and to the Memorial Cup...

Would be kinda super weird if he doesn't get drafted.

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Pachal has had a monster playoff, defensively and his team is in the conference finals of the WHL. His stock should be on the rise.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I was thinking he might be a 5th or 6th rounder back in December, but he deserves to go so much higher even despite his age. He's such a good player and his game will easily translate to the pro level.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I thought he had a very solid, albeit non-flashy playoffs as he captained the Raiders to a championship. I think he's the type of young player who'll excel at the pro level and easily be able to step into a 3rd pairing role in the next 3 years. He'll get drafted 100% after the exposure from these playoffs. Watch this space.

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Agreed numbers not great in playoffs but again played big minutes against all the top lines of other teams. 1G, 7A plus 12 with 28PIMs. Captained team to Memorial Cup. Kid is a leader with lots of upside to his game. Can duo of Pachal and Hays shutdown Guelph trio of Suzuki, Radcliffe,Entwistle

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I can tell you for a fact that many NHL scouts are quite high on this player. I honestly wouldn't doubt if he is drafted this season in the mid rounds.

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Pachal had a pretty good memorial cup. 1G-2A, 3 Points , -2 Plus/Minus, in 3 Games. Unfortunately, his team lost all three. Overall outstanding year for this player.

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
missed again maybe some team gives him a shot by signing as a free agent. Will have to start good in PA again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad