RD Beau Akey - Barrie Colts, OHL (2023, 56th, EDM)

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
Ranked #30 for the 2023 draft in the 2022 Black Book.
Similar production to Kaiden Guhle's d-1 season. But this guy is more of an offensive d-man? Decent size and production for d-1 season, so I can see why he's high on an early list.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I don't think he realizes how good his feet and his handling is just yet. He's growing into it though and I think he ends up getting a late first round or early second from a lot of teams.
75ABE323-B2BA-4DE2-BD64-01EA739CAF97.png

CD5EB394-4317-439D-ADD3-4BA7EA1C4E3B.png

Akey showing out. Hope he has a good game and gets on the map

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Big fan of Akey. Very dynamic and great ability to transition quickly. There are some warts to his defensive game, but you can see the effort he puts in to playing at both end of the ice and his skating is so good that he can make up for misplays.

If he can iron out his defensive inconsistencies, I think his upside is very high. We'll see if he's picked up a thing or two from Clarke as I suspect he'll be Barrie's #1 D next year.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Big fan of Akey. Very dynamic and great ability to transition quickly. There are some warts to his defensive game, but you can see the effort he puts in to playing at both end of the ice and his skating is so good that he can make up for misplays.

If he can iron out his defensive inconsistencies, I think his upside is very high. We'll see if he's picked up a thing or two from Clarke as I suspect he'll be Barrie's #1 D next year.

Agree. His IQ is high and he's physical but his game changed a bit when Clarke showed up because he took the No. 1 away from him. Maybe he was pressing from draft-year stuff, but he was near-perfect before Clarke arrived, and it's a pretty big sample (like 35 games). In fact, Akey as Barrie's No. 1 nearly produced as much in his draft year as Clarke did in his draft+1. Sky's the limit IMO

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Perfect 1st game in an Oilers uniform, he looked good everywhere on the ice. Skates very well and has great defensive instincts. Distributed the puck well, made tape-to-tape passes, and broke up several plays due to his defensive positioning and effort.

He's in for a fantastic season with Barrie now that he's not playing behind Clarke.

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023
What game was this? Do all these teams have these games? Where are the schedules?
Perfect 1st game in an Oilers uniform, he looked good everywhere on the ice. Skates very well and has great defensive instincts. Distributed the puck well, made tape-to-tape passes, and broke up several plays due to his defensive positioning and effort.

He's in for a fantastic season with Barrie now that he's not playing behind Clarke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad