RD Arvin Atwal - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2014 undrafted)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Another 2014er to keep your eyes on to rise. He has been SUPER impressive in the second half of the season for the Giants. He is a decnt skater and uses it well (great spin-o-rama). Really good shot and creative with the puck at the point.

He is also a good in the defensive zone, but would like him to control the play a bit more. He has good gap control and uses his stick wisely, but still needs to be better positionally. What I love about his game is he is a tough player as well. He won't really throw big hits or go out of his way to hit a player. But he is physical in the corners and is an amazingly good fighter for his size and age.

I project him to develop into a solid two-way defenseman, but currently his offensive skill is the part of his game that is shining through.

He doesn't have the "best" skill in the world for the '14 draft, but he is one hell of a fun player to watch. Reminds me of a tougher mixture between Tyson Barrie and Matt Dumba (but both players are way better skaters over Arvin)

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I have seen him play a couple of times this year, maybe 4 or 5, and he looks like a really tough physical Dman but it's to early to tell with anything else.

Tyler Morrison has shown some flashes as well and might do well in the 14 draft.

One thing for sure is that Giants are going to be better next year with

Kulak 12-Gertsen 13
Atwal 14- Morrisson 14
Orban 12 undrafted-Zalitach 14

patrolling the back end

The Giants have some good young talent up front but really need a go to type leader and I'm not sure they have one right now.

They have alot of picks and young talent, maybe a trade with Seattle for one or both of their holdouts is in order?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have seen him play a couple of times this year, maybe 4 or 5, and he looks like a really tough physical Dman but it's to early to tell with anything else.

Tyler Morrison has shown some flashes as well and might do well in the 14 draft.

Kulak 12-Gertsen 13
Atwal 14- Morrisson 14

patrolling the back end

The Giants have some good young talent up front but really need a go to type leader and I'm not sure they have one right now.

Absolutely, Vancouver is building the "right" way (now have Benson as well) while Prince George is just floating below mediocrity on a consistent basis.

ZKass The Bass

Feb 10, 2013
London

Kulak 12-Gertsen 13
Atwal 14- Morrisson 14

patrolling the back end

They have alot of picks and young talent, maybe a trade with Seattle for one or both of their holdouts is in order?

Franson?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Had a beast of a game last night with a goal and assist in a lost against Kamloops. Got much stronger and his skating as improved.

Could be a darkhorse to watch for from the Dub.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Player of Indian descent, interesting, more and more players entering the dub, will be delightful if one day one of these players end up playing in the NHL.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Not incredibly impressed with his play the few times I saw him play in Vic or Van last year. He looks like he might have some untapped potential though.

Startel

ChuckBartowskiMovie
Feb 15, 2014
Bump. Where do you see this guy going and how did he do in the playoffs this year?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's still a fairly raw player, but did double his points this year which is a good sign of improvement. A lot of good qualities, but again he might be too raw to be drafted. Seems more like a decent rookie/camp invite to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad