RD Andy Welinski (2011, 83rd, ANA)

DuckshaveaRPG

Mar 9, 2011
London
played in the USHL with the Green Bay Gamblers. In 51 games, he scored 6 goals and added 8 assists for 14 points. In 11 playoff games, Welinski scored 2 goals as the Gamblers lost in the Clark Cup final. a third round pick by the ducks he is a 6-2 foot 195 lbs right hand D man with a HEAVY shoot. again with my other threads (sorry if posting a lot) just looking for some first hand information on the guys game and what people make of him.NHL Central Scouting Services had him at No. 48 for North American skaters in its final rankings

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I like the kid a ton.

Made a gutsy move leaving Minnesota state highschool hockey to come play in the USHL, and I think it worked out just fine.

Mobile and big, the kid has all the tools to be a very solid 4th-6th dman in the NHL for a nice career. Has a solid head on his shoulders, makes nice outlet passes, and uses his size and positioning to his advantage. Still a bit raw with a few question marks, but he is certainly a very solid prospect that could one day pan out to be a real nice player to watch.

Andrew Knoll

Jun 20, 2007
Los Angeles
thehockeywriters.com
I have only seen a little of his play but I did have a chance to interview him at the draft and I was impressed by him as an individual. He carries himself well, confident but very personable (not arrogant) and you could tell that served him in his amateur career. He seemed decisive, goal-oriented and independent when talking about his path to the NCAA and being drafted, sounded like he was from a very solid family, too. Smart, mature kid with respectable size and a big shot.

DuckshaveaRPG

Mar 9, 2011
London
thanks guys appreciate the info, good to hear that it seems we have another solid pick in him i think over the last couple of seasons the ducks have been drafting pretty well and i hope it continues

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
thanks guys appreciate the info, good to hear that it seems we have another solid pick in him i think over the last couple of seasons the ducks have been drafting pretty well and i hope it continues

Since 2003 the Ducks have been drafting very well. But at the time Burke was there and he's one of the best gm ever. By the way I love the kid (Andy W.) he'S gona be a top 4 for sure. I feel he could become into a james wisniewski, since he's shoot well and hard and got the size. The only thing I'm not sure is does he use is bidy correctly and effective?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Signed contract and ATO to play on the Gulls

I'm excited to go to my first Gulls game at SD (went to 2 of them in Ontario) and see this guy play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad