Chuck Norris
Evan Poochard
San Jose's EK65
Just why, trolling feels that good? :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
You have zero evidence to suggest he's had 5. Most that is confirmed, from what I've seen, is 3.

Was simply asking a question, but a quick search shows this is would be at least his fourth documented concussion, as per the article below. There have also been other hits (such as the one in the article below) which have amounted to unconfirmed head injuries for Boqvist:

Blackhawks prospect Adam Boqvist not suffering concussion-like symptoms after hit, per report

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Other than his shot, ask the Hawks board for non-biased reviews on him. Guarantee it’s not great. Lacks IQ and really lacks foot speed.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Other than his shot, ask the Hawks board for non-biased reviews on him. Guarantee it’s not great. Lacks IQ and really lacks foot speed.

I thought foot speed was supposed to be one of his best traits? Maybe I’m misremembering from his draft year.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Its been up and down for him this year. He played better last year. Though he’s only been around for a limited time this year. Played meh for the first five games but it was a horrible start for the entire team so it was tough to pinpoint it all on him. Then he got COVID. When he came back we played Detroit and he looked really good but next we played Carolina who absolutely SMOKED the team and Boqvist struggled big time.

Overall it seem he is having trouble taking that next step. He is a bit panicky with the puck and he’ll make some cool moves but high iq players can anticipate it (versus when he played in London)I think this has shot his confidence.

Its odd he doesnt use his shot from the point as much as he should.
My two cents! btw I still like him and have hope but definitely not a strong two-way defensive man

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I thought foot speed was supposed to be one of his best traits? Maybe I’m misremembering from his draft year.

His straight-line speed has never been a selling point of his game. I haven't watched him much in the NHL but in juniors it was his edge work and overall mobility that was impressive about his skating, not his speed.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Its been up and down for him this year. He played better last year. Though he’s only been around for a limited time this year. Played meh for the first five games but it was a horrible start for the entire team so it was tough to pinpoint it all on him. Then he got COVID. When he came back we played Detroit and he looked really good but next we played Carolina who absolutely SMOKED the team and Boqvist struggled big time.

Overall it seem he is having trouble taking that next step. He is a bit panicky with the puck and he’ll make some cool moves but high iq players can anticipate it (versus when he played in London)I think this has shot his confidence.

Its odd he doesnt use his shot from the point as much as he should.
My two cents! btw I still like him and have hope but definitely not a strong two-way defensive man

Thanks for the report. I imagine Boqvist is one of those guys who just need to grow into his body and mature physically and mentally. Once he gets stronger, adds more experience and confidence to his game I think he'll be a dominant offensive d-man. Seems to me he's a bit hesitant and doesn't play with the same authority as he did in juniors. Hopefully that'll come in time.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His straight-line speed has never been a selling point of his game. I haven't watched him much in the NHL but in juniors it was his edge work and overall mobility that was impressive about his skating, not his speed.

Agreed, although I think his straight ahead speed is about NHL average for a 6'0 defenseman. It's not something I'd consider a problem, but it's not why he's considered a good skater.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
10 points in 14 games. This guy gets no hype. He was supposed to be behind other defensemen drafted in his range in 2018. Looks like that’s not true.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
10 points in 14 games. This guy gets no hype. He was supposed to be behind other defensemen drafted in his range in 2018. Looks like that’s not true.

Hows his 2 way game developing? Is he manufacturing these points or as a product of Kane/pp? I'm legitimately asking .

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
He came back from injury and he’s stopped playing so reserved. It’s made all the difference and he’s so damn smooth with the puck.

Reactions: d rake

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Thanks for the report. I imagine Boqvist is one of those guys who just need to grow into his body and mature physically and mentally. Once he gets stronger, adds more experience and confidence to his game I think he'll be a dominant offensive d-man. Seems to me he's a bit hesitant and doesn't play with the same authority as he did in juniors. Hopefully that'll come in time.

Pretty much my thoughts on him too. He'll be great once he gains the confidence and maturity to really use his offensive tools. Only a matter of time.

helicon1

Jan 4, 2010
Last year I was a bit underwhelmed by his play. He was better than advertised defensively for sure, but was just so passive. Played nothing like he did in juniors. Looks like it might have been a confidence issue, or even him just wanting to show the coaching staff he could play D?

But yeah, this year has been completely different. Went from passive and sometimes tentative, to really aggressive and confident in his play. Where last year he'd defer to his partner and make the safe play, this year he's looking for opportunities to attack all the time. Haven't had a d-man like that in a while.

He's almost Keith like in his aggressiveness in breaking up plays in the neutral zone too. And very calm with the puck on his stick. I'm pretty convinced he and Ian Mitchell are already our best D-men at getting the puck out under pressure while maintaining possession. Much higher hockey IQ than I realized.

As others have said he needs to get stronger, but he also needs to improve his overall conditioning and stamina. At the start this season I remember reading an article about him needing to improve there. It might explain why at times last year he looked so slow, and then other shifts in the same game even, looked super quick?

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad