GDT: Rd 2, Gm 2: Flames @ Ducks 8:00pm MT (Sportsnet)2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So we have a game tonight. Have we decided to put in the same effort as the team did in game 1?

CalgaryFlames_zpsb5d9f822.jpg

vs
AnaheimDucks_zpsc8eed893.jpg

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ferland and Hudler are good to go.

Hope we focus on our speed more than our physicality today.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'm still concerned about Ferland. He seemed really out of it.

Yeah... He really looked out of it last game. However, he did say himself he was good to go, and I can't imagine the medical staff letting him loose if he really wasn't ready. Guess we'll see how he does tonight!

With how poorly we played last game, everyone should be expected to have better games.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Yeah... He really looked out of it last game. However, he did say himself he was good to go, and I can't imagine the medical staff letting him loose if he really wasn't ready. Guess we'll see how he does tonight!

With how poorly we played last game, everyone should be expected to have better games.

It happens all the time.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't think the Flames are the Flyers during the Lindros days. Treliving seems like a real by the book kind of guy, I don't think he would mess around with one of his young players being concussed. Ferland left last game and did not return, which means he would have underwent a series of concussion tests as protocol by the NHL. If he's playing, I'm confident that he's good to go. The fact he didn't return last game tells me that our medical team looked at him thoroughly.

Concussions are a different injury, it's not playing with a bad shoulder for example.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't think the Flames are the Flyers during the Lindros days. Treliving seems like a real by the book kind of guy, I don't think he would mess around with one of his young players being concussed. Ferland left last game and did not return, which means he would have underwent a series of concussion tests as protocol by the NHL. If he's playing, I'm confident that he's good to go. The fact he didn't return last game tells me that our medical team looked at him thoroughly.

Concussions are a different injury, it's not playing with a bad shoulder for example.
Concussions also don't show up on tests like a torn muscle. If a player denies having symptoms, you have to take them at their word.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Concussions also don't show up on tests like a torn muscle. If a player denies having symptoms, you have to take them at their word.

When Crosby was dealing with his whole concussion problems the NHL changed their protocol. If a player gets a head shot in game, the trainers have to put that player through a concussion exam and he needs to pass before he can go back in. Yes a player can lie but I admit that I'm not familiar with the various tests they administer on the player in the dressing during the game after receiving a shot. I'd like to give our medical staff the benefit of the doubt that if they suspected Ferland was concussed that he would not have clearance to play.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When Crosby was dealing with his whole concussion problems the NHL changed their protocol. If a player gets a head shot in game, the trainers have to put that player through a concussion exam and he needs to pass before he can go back in. Yes a player can lie but I admit that I'm not familiar with the various tests they administer on the player in the dressing during the game after receiving a shot. I'd like to give our medical staff the benefit of the doubt that if they suspected Ferland was concussed that he would not have clearance to play.
any test for concussions involves the person who has been concussed telling doctors how they feel about different things. Sure they can look at pupils and stuff liek that, but 90% of concussion symptoms don't show up in tests.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
any test for concussions involves the person who has been concussed telling doctors how they feel about different things. Sure they can look at pupils and stuff liek that, but 90% of concussion symptoms don't show up in tests.

I'm speculating, but I'd guess it involves certain cognitive tests and motor skill exams that a person with a concussion would have difficulty passing as well. Again I'm not saying it's impossible that a player couldn't beat that, but the Flames are a first rate organization that really care about their players so I would like to think that they do their diligence.

Again I'm no expert, but I think that if Ferland is in its because he's good to go.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I have experience in multiple concussions. Not all tests will show if someone has a concussion or not. I have done this were I said I was fine. I had multiple CT scans, EG scans etc and they don't really show anything on the brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce