RC Casey Bailey - Penn State, BIG10 (2010 undrafted; 2015 signed, Toronto)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have really liked what I have seen from Casey Bailey. The 6'3 195lb sniper is having a monster year. 17 goals in 23 games so far for Penn State. He had a great freshman year, but slumped big time in his sophomore season (whole team did), but he is one of the top kids out there imo, and at 23 years old could sign and jump in right away for a bottom feeder team

Last edited by a moderator:

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I have really liked what I have seen from Casey Bailey. The 6'3 195lb sniper is having a monster year. 17 goals in 23 games so far for Penn State. He had a great freshman year, but slumped big time in his sophomore season (whole team did), but he is one of the top kids out there imo, and at 23 years old could sign and jump in right away for a bottom feeder team.

bailey has an nhl shot and he loves shooting. hes great at finding pockets in the offensive zone to get open and his stick is almost always ready for a onetimer off the pass.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
bailey has an nhl shot and he loves shooting. hes great at finding pockets in the offensive zone to get open and his stick is almost always ready for a onetimer off the pass.

a bit surprised not many are talking about him as he has to be one of the top guys out there...up to 19 goals now, kid just scores and has pro size...I would love the Hawks to go grab this kid as his size and scoring touch would be nice opposite Kaner..

Make It Biznasty*

Jul 18, 2012
I have really liked what I have seen from Casey Bailey. The 6'3 195lb sniper is having a monster year. 17 goals in 23 games so far for Penn State. He had a great freshman year, but slumped big time in his sophomore season (whole team did), but he is one of the top kids out there imo, and at 23 years old could sign and jump in right away for a bottom feeder team.

as a penn state student the guy is stud. what a release. penn state ranked in the top 20 in only their 3rd season, beating numerous prestigious programs. Could'nt be more excited for this Team:yo::yo::yo:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Every time I have seen Penn State play this year (3 times) Bailey impressed me...Not just a one-way player either..With that size and release on his shot gotta think he will be in high demand. Eddie Olczyk was there for st least one of those games because the announces on t.v. interviewed hiim...his son plays for Penn State...But surely he ought to recommend to the Tasks scouts that this Bailey guy could be a great college ufa to sign..Big centre who can really shoot and finish..They do not grow on trees.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
as a penn state student the guy is stud. what a release. penn state ranked in the top 20 in only their 3rd season, beating numerous prestigious programs. Could'nt be more excited for this Team:yo::yo::yo:

Every time I have seen Penn State play this year (3 times) Bailey impressed me...Not just a one-way player either..With that size and release on his shot gotta think he will be in high demand. Eddie Olczyk was there for st least one of those games because the announces on t.v. interviewed hiim...his son plays for Penn State...But surely he ought to recommend to the Tasks scouts that this Bailey guy could be a great college ufa to sign..Big centre who can really shoot and finish..They do not grow on trees.

How has Dave Glen been this year? I know he had a huge freshman year but seems like he has tailed off since then.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY

Analyzer*

Any word on if the Leafs are in on him?

He's an interesting player.

They likely are.

Depending on how the leafs selling goes, he could play this season. Players tend to look for deals where they can make the NHL the fastest.

Some interesting prospects. Not all the big names are sure bets, either.

Remember when the Carey brothers were highly sought after last year ?

One is in the ECHL (though doing well there) the other has 17 points in 48 games.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

Sounds like Dany Heatley 2.0 :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
You'd have to think that Casey Bailey is far and away the player that will be pursued by the most number of NHL teams and probably won't be back for his senior year.
What do you think his long-term NHL potential is?

I went through last year's list of NCAA free agents and it's pretty dismal compared to previous years.

Is Bailey going to be a Greg Carey (bust) or does he have the potential to be a top-6 NHL forward (a la Purcell or Bozak)?

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Here's a link to a good article on this year's
10 Potential NCAA free agents that could soon land in the NHL

It seems like Casey Bailey is the most highly sought after NCAA prospect. I'd imagine that he'll sign, and get a few games in, with a non-playoff NHL team soon after Penn St. finishes their season. What is the likelihood that he sticks in the NHL next year? What is his long term potential? Middle-six?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Here's a link to a good article on this year's
10 Potential NCAA free agents that could soon land in the NHL

It seems like Casey Bailey is the most highly sought after NCAA prospect. I'd imagine that he'll sign, and get a few games in, with a non-playoff NHL team soon after Penn St. finishes their season. What is the likelihood that he sticks in the NHL next year? What is his long term potential? Middle-six?

oh he will certainly sign with a team that will play him right away. it is always tricky with these college free agents and how they turn out, but he is a lot different than some others like the Carey's and Lebanc...he has the size and the shot that is very much NHL worthy...he also has the physicality to succeed at worst as a 3rd line player...his wheels and hands are solid and he can play defense as well...seems more well rounded than the others who really haven't lit the world on fire.

he has top 6 skills written all over him and that is where he should be as long as he signs with a team that will give him that shot which obviously seems like it will be Buffalo.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
oh he will certainly sign with a team that will play him right away. it is always tricky with these college free agents and how they turn out, but he is a lot different than some others like the Carey's and Lebanc...he has the size and the shot that is very much NHL worthy...he also has the physicality to succeed at worst as a 3rd line player...his wheels and hands are solid and he can play defense as well...seems more well rounded than the others who really haven't lit the world on fire.

he has top 6 skills written all over him and that is where he should be as long as he signs with a team that will give him that shot which obviously seems like it will be Buffalo.

Really hoping to see Bailey in a Sabre sweater for a few games this season. Seems like a "Murray type" and he plays in the house that Pegula built. One of the nicest facilities in the country I'm told.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Literary the Pegula house: "Pegula Ice Arena". That's an interesting point. I wonder if Pegula has been using his Penn State influence.

That thought crossed my mind as soon as I heard we had interest. I'm sure it's not a deal-sealer but it can't hurt. Not only that, but Joe Batista was something of an architect of the Penn State hockey program as I understand it. Pegula tapped him as "VP of Hockey Administration" where his role seems to be multifaceted and something of a gofer for Pegula. He's the one who secured Pegula's gift to the program.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He did absolutely nothing against the Gophers. I was concerned on every PP, but I can't remember him getting one good shot all weekend.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Would love the isles to sign him now but don't see that much room for him.

I think BOS would be a great fit for him

snizzbone*

Not sure what Elliotte's tweet meant. I feel like he missed a , or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad