RC Austin Watson (2010, 18th overall, Nashville)

Mikeymstng89

Feb 19, 2008
So I wonder if they will offer him a spot? I heard there were a ton of people there this weekend. Several College coaches as well as a good collection of OHL owners, GMs, coaches and scouts. Was anyone there that can confirm? Thanks

noitall

Jun 7, 2007
So I wonder if they will offer him a spot? I heard there were a ton of people there this weekend. Several College coaches as well as a good collection of OHL owners, GMs, coaches and scouts. Was anyone there that can confirm? Thanks

Sounds like he's a lock if he wants it. They could pick the whole team from this camp, but more likely they'll pick some and leave a few spots open pending the Select Festival Camp in Rochester. Plus one or more of the players offerred spots this week could end up bolting for the CHL after the drafts. Unless you know the player, parents and other offers on the table, it's hard to say how things will end up in the Fall.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
There are rumblings Austin Watson has turned down a spot on the NTDP. Does this mean he is going to Windsor? They are going to be a VERY strong team this coming season.

Can't find the link where I read this....

Last edited:

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Just to talk to my source yesterday and Watson was offered a tryout by Cedar Rapids of the USHL but turned it down. He will most likely join Belle Tire Midget Majors for next season. It seems Austin will be taking the "summer off" from hockey.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Just to talk to my source yesterday and Watson was offered a tryout by Cedar Rapids of the USHL but turned it down. He will most likely join Belle Tire Midget Majors for next season. It seems Austin will be taking the "summer off" from hockey.

Expect him to be donning the big W logo on his jersey next year.

eightyseven

Mar 4, 2008
Is he actually going to Maine or Windsor? Westerncollegehockey blog says that he's 'definitely' going to U of Maine and cited some source (don't know if it's legit or not). I'm not sure how credible all these sources are, but is there anything to suggest he wants to go to the OHL? However, if he did turn down a spot in the USHL and NDTP, then maybe he does want to go to Windsor?

And how about Jeremy Morin? Is he signing with Kitchener or did he commit somewhere? Because his buddy, Beau Schmitz already signed. And Bjorn Krupp....at the world hockey championships, the announcers made it seem like his father was still considering Belleville as an option for next year but I thought Krupp wanted to go NCAA? All these rumblings, I'd love to know the answers...

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Morin will be in Kitchener next year and I would be shocked not to see Watson in Windsor.

High probability of Fowler being in Windor as well.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
VOB - Are you hearing Fowler will be with the Spits in September? That would solidify the D big time!

All things I've seen, and they are not a lot, seem to suggest Watson will be in Windsor. I sure hope so, what a steal in the 2nd round!

Abars - ( haven't been to ABARS in a while! ) Are you hearing Watson is not coming, or just nothing either way? What's your take on Fowler?

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Morin will be in Kitchener. If theres a mass exodus of players from the NTDP, which there probably will be, Fowler will leave too, and go to Windsor. All signs point to Watson being in Windsor next year. No to the NTDP, undrafted in the USHL draft. Guess we'll have to wait and see what he does.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Any updates on Zac Dalpe and John Carlson?

With them being such high draft picks in the OHL draft as "overagers", one would have to assume both are likely to be in the OHL next year. But then again, it could really depend which team selects them in the NHL and what that team feels is best for those players.

Any Whaler or Knights fans hearing anything?

speedway

Oct 6, 2006
Morin will be in Kitchener. If theres a mass exodus of players from the NTDP, which there probably will be, Fowler will leave too, and go to Windsor. All signs point to Watson being in Windsor next year. No to the NTDP, undrafted in the USHL draft. Guess we'll have to wait and see what he does.

Is the NTDP having problems hanging on to their players and if so, any idea why? Sounds like a dream program to us Quebecers who have no decent options for our 16 yr olds who want to keep NCAA eligibility.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Any updates on Zac Dalpe and John Carlson?

With them being such high draft picks in the OHL draft as "overagers", one would have to assume both are likely to be in the OHL next year. But then again, it could really depend which team selects them in the NHL and what that team feels is best for those players.

Any Whaler or Knights fans hearing anything?

I did an interview with Carlson recently and he didn't to talk about the OHL. I've also heard the Hunters are bringing him in next weekend to show him the city and arena.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Is the NTDP having problems hanging on to their players and if so, any idea why? Sounds like a dream program to us Quebecers who have no decent options for our 16 yr olds who want to keep NCAA eligibility.
The NTDP is for the USA's best (or at least highest potential) players. Consequently, they are exactly the type of players that CHL clubs offer massive amounts of money to.

The program itself is great a developing players, but it's just not a option for many players who would really appreciate/need the development.

speedway

Oct 6, 2006
Too bad. Our top CHL prospects who choose to go NCAA (admittedly,not many, but a few high first rounders) end up in the States at Prep schools that don't offer the same degree of developement or have to play a second year Midget before joining the USHL.

Leperus Leprechuan

Dec 24, 2007
Windsor
VOB - Are you hearing Fowler will be with the Spits in September? That would solidify the D big time!

All things I've seen, and they are not a lot, seem to suggest Watson will be in Windsor. I sure hope so, what a steal in the 2nd round!

Abars - ( haven't been to ABARS in a while! ) Are you hearing Watson is not coming, or just nothing either way? What's your take on Fowler?

I've heard he turned an USHL invite and that seems to be tru seeing as he wasen't drafted. But Iv'e heard nothing about him turning down the NTDP invite. Thats were he was suppose to play next year. As for Fowler he has commited to the team for 09-10 but this season it looks like hes going to play for NTDP as well.

If windsor can get both these kids on board their going to be absolutely dominating, London Knights style.

Watson-Bailey-Hall
Fowler-Ellis

A starting 5 of top 10 nhl draft picks! (maybe not Bailey)

eightyseven

Mar 4, 2008
WOW, so I was right after all. No wonder he had an picture of an OHL player on his Old Myspace. Seems like he wanted to go the OHL way all along....sneaky. :sarcasm:

Anyway, I look forward to seeing him play then!

petrocelli

I love the Draft!!
Jan 5, 2009
Austin Watson

Austin Watson of Windsor is listed at 6'3 180, and has 11 points in 13 games...
Any info on this kid?? How is his skating for a big guy and puck skills?? Are his points just a product of him playing with so much talent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad