RC Austin Czarnik - Miami OH University, NCHC (2011 undrafted; 2015 signed, Boston)

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Where will he be drafted this year, I had a chance to watch the US play in the world juniors both on tv and live and was really impressed with his speed. What are the knocks on him beside his size and what is his ceiling? And is there a chance he could be a solid NHLer

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
draftsite.com has him going like 5th round. Nikita Gusev too. so eyebrows raised at those claims for sure.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
It wouldn't shock me if Austin Czarnik ended up in Calgary.

He plays at Miami University where Brian Burke's late son went and former Burke 1st round pick attended.

Or he comes to Toronto and joins Biggs with the Marlies.

Nyax

Oct 2, 2008
Parts Unknown
It wouldn't shock me if Austin Czarnik ended up in Calgary.

He plays at Miami University where Brian Burke's late son went and former Burke 1st round pick attended.

Or he comes to Toronto and joins Biggs with the Marlies.

I don't know about that. Austin is tiny and Burkie loves his big physical players. Plus they already have a small skilled guy in Johnny Gaudreau. And the Leafs already have small skilled guys in Kozun, Abbott and Conner Brown.

LuckyLuke87

May 11, 2010
Prague
What about Austin Czarnik? Thought he'd sign somewhere, but it seems he's going back to Miami for next season..

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Does anyone think Austin Czarnik could garner some interest? He's pretty small, but he doesn't play like it. Every time Ive seen him play I love his game, just not sure it'll translate. I hope it does.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...-finally-receive-deserved-attention-from-nhl/

“He came in pretty complete,†said Miami University assistant coach Brett Brekke. “He was basically the number one center and a top [special teams] guy from his first day as a freshman.â€

It’s not surprising then that the former Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) star was a hit against the best of his peers at the World Juniors in 2012. He was regarded as one of the USA’s best players and showed a ton of emotion during the team’s otherwise disappointing tournament. The heart that he showed in Alberta was not a show for the cameras or a jolt from wearing the red, white and blue, it’s an everyday thing.

“He doesn’t take shifts or practices off,†coach Brekke explained. “Austin has such a high compete level.†What is surprising, however, is the fact that Czarnik’s rights don’t belong to an NHL club. Coach Brekke shares in the bewilderment.

“[It’s] shocking that he wasn’t selected,†he says, sounding almost as exasperated as he was when he first learned that Czarnik had been categorically rejected the previous summer. “It’s a question of size…and I completely disagree [with the thought process], the smaller guys that have trouble are missing something. Austin is not, he’s got explosive skating, high competelevel, terrific skill…he has these things.â€

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
@MiamiOH_Hockey
Congratulations to captain @ACzarnik7 on signing with the @NHLBruins! Thank you for 4 great years! #Brotherhood
https://twitter.com/MiamiOH_Hockey/status/582908260392501248

CBbn9aAUkAAMbdo.jpg:large

One87

Jan 4, 2013
Boy does he have an uphill climb in that organization. Good for Boston, not so good for him.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Boston, you got a good one. If his game translates, watch out! He's got a ton of skill. Wish Winnipeg would have taken a chance on him as he was dynamite in the prospects camp a couple years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad