RBK Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
How long until NHL reebok jerseys will be for sale??? When the NHL starts up again??? :help: I think the RBK alone will make them way more attractive to even non hockey fans as hockey has some of the better jerseys of pro sports and you see people who don't like basketball or football wearing football jerseys because they're stylish especially down here in South Florida. I do think that Reebok will be good for the game and appeal to a broad audience. Who cared about CCM jerseys. I know aside from the fact that the jerseys look good, no one is gonna pay for the CCM but many people will pay for the RBK logo.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
yeah, i can see it already, Nashville's 3rd jerseys breaking all modern day sales records.. :p

seriously, I don't think a change of the brand name is going to do much for the industry.. people wear basketball and football jerseys because they see those rappers wear them, not because of the brand name.. so if you get 50 cent to wear a CCM jersey, then people would do that too..

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
yeah, i can see it already, Nashville's 3rd jerseys breaking all modern day sales records.. :p

seriously, I don't think a change of the brand name is going to do much for the industry.. people wear basketball and football jerseys because they see those rappers wear them, not because of the brand name.. so if you get 50 cent to wear a CCM jersey, then people would do that too..
There have been videos where rappers wear hockey jerseys. It's just more appealing to wear reebok and stuff because you see a lot of rappers in Reebok shoes or other famous people IMO and if you have no preference between a jersey of 2 different teams of different sports and you're not a fan of either but you're gonna buy it cause it looks cool, if one's made by CCM and another by RBK, people are gonna choose RBK more than CCM. Plus the RBK logo I hear is gonna be on the left shoulder front side so it's more noticeable.

Man, I'm just waiting for the day Lil Jon puts on that light blue Atlanta 3rd jersey for a video :joker:

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
haha...no, but it is his first year with the club, and I believe he's since gotten new pads that are either red and white or red and yellow...lol....but it looks a lot better now.

BCCHL inactive

pensfan04 said:
I don't like its high visibility there on the front...I liked them when the logos were in the bottom right of the back.

For the last few years, CHL teams had the CCM logos on the front as well, while the NHL kept the CCM/KOHO logos at the back of the neck with the NHL logo at the bottom right of the jersey.

I assume NHL jerseys won't have the Reebok logo on the front.

pensfan04

Jan 3, 2005
North Dakota
Van said:
For the last few years, CHL teams had the CCM logos on the front as well, while the NHL kept the CCM/KOHO logos at the back of the neck with the NHL logo at the bottom right of the jersey.

I wasn't aware of that. That sounds like good news. Thanks for the info.

cstu

May 6, 2004
I remember Nike did the jerseys a few years back. Does anyone know how jersey sales were during that period?

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Van said:

I would think they would because it's more appealing to the general public IMO. I hope they don't only put it on the back. Some college Jerseys have it on the spot right below the collar. That wouldn't be bad, I think Wisconson does with Adidas.

IkeaMonkey*

People really arent going to care if it's Adidas, CCM, Brown, Vaughn or Titan. People buy hockey jersey's because they are A. hockey fans or B. like the design of the jersey/saw someone else with it. Throwing a Reebok logo on there wont boost sales any bit. ESPECIALLY after a year where they have to buy back fans.

BCCHL inactive

PanthersRule said:
I would think they would because it's more appealing to the general public IMO. I hope they don't only put it on the back. Some college Jerseys have it on the spot right below the collar. That wouldn't be bad, I think Wisconson does with Adidas.

I think the NHL will keep the same consistency and keep the Reebok logos in the same places they had the CCM/KOHO logos.

Another thing I forgot to mention, is that a lot of hockey fans are generally unappreciative of Reebok making CCM, KOHO and Jofa put the Reebok logo on merchandise and equipment. If anything, I think sales will be negatively affected by Reebok's logo.

BCCHL inactive

2112 said:
Here's what I would assume it would be on the NHL players jersey. This is A. Stewart from the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL:

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/players/StewartAnthony.jpg

Why? CHL jerseys had the CCM logos in the same places as they have the Reebok logos now. The NHL never had CCM/KOHO logos on the front. Why would they change? It's still the same company making the jerseys, they are simply owned by Reebok now and use that logo.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Van said:
Why? CHL jerseys had the CCM logos in the same places as they have the Reebok logos now. The NHL never had CCM/KOHO logos on the front. Why would they change? It's still the same company making the jerseys, they are simply owned by Reebok now and use that logo.
Reebok is more marketable than CCM. No casual hockey fan cared about CCM. They see Reebok and everyone knows who reebok is. Plus, Reebok bought CCM/THC because they wanted to get into hockey and expand their relm of liscenced apparell and such. By hiding the logo on the back, no one sees it. It's one of those things that they want you to be aware of RBK making jerseys. That's why reebok came into the hockey business. Because they saw money and a chance to proft by signing a 10 year deal with jerseys and they're not gonna hide the logo from everyone.

IkeaMonkey*

PanthersRule said:
Reebok is more marketable than CCM. No casual hockey fan cared about CCM. They see Reebok and everyone knows who reebok is. Plus, Reebok bought CCM/THC because they wanted to get into hockey and expand their relm of liscenced apparell and such. By hiding the logo on the back, no one sees it. It's one of those things that they want you to be aware of RBK making jerseys. That's why reebok came into the hockey business. Because they saw money and a chance to proft by signing a 10 year deal with jerseys and they're not gonna hide the logo from everyone.

The casual fan wont like CCM and the Traditional fan wont like Reebok. Figuring the traditional fan throws more dollars towards soft goods than the casual fan, its a bad move.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
DynamoAO said:
The casual fan wont like CCM and the Traditional fan wont like Reebok. Figuring the traditional fan throws more dollars towards soft goods than the casual fan, its a bad move.

I dunno about that. I don't see why a traditional fan won't like Reebok on the jersey. Yes, I know your case about how CCM is a traditional hockey company/been in the game forever, but I see no reason why a traditional fan wouldn't buy a jersey because of the Reebok or think twice without the CCM as they are hockey fans to begin with. The casual fans, which we have tons of here in FLA, will definatley cause the market to get a bit stronger for hockey jerseys with RBK IMO, but a traditional hockey fan is a traditional hockey fan, it doesn't matter to a traditional fan IMO.

At least Reebok is experienced in making liscensed apparell. Be thankful it's not Sean John or Ecko as the league was pretty desperate prolly and if money was thrown at CCM by those two to get the jerseys, it just might have happenned.

j/k
:joker:

BCCHL inactive

PanthersRule said:
Because they saw money and a chance to proft by signing a 10 year deal with jerseys and they're not gonna hide the logo from everyone.

I would like to see a link to this deal you are talking about. The only deal I am aware of, is the same deal CCM/KOHO signed with the NHL a few years back, and the only change is Reebok now owning CCM/KOHO.

In the end, the NHL will have on their jerseys what the NHL wants.

PanthersRule said:
At least Reebok is experienced in making liscensed apparell.

And CCM isn't? They've been making NHL merchandise since jerseys became jerseys instead of sweaters.

The only difference is the logo. CCM, KOHO and Jofa will still make the stuff, just instead of their own logos, they'll put Reebok logos on their stuff. A simple logo won't make much of a difference in markets that have not already accepted the sport.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm fine with Reebok or CCM making my jerseys just so long as its not very noticeable. I buy jerseys to support that team or player, not to show my love of CCM or RBK.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
CCM doesn't really get much consideration, probably because you could buy a CCM bag at Wallmart for 10 dollars. Or all those weird looking hockey sweaters/jerseys. Now if hockey had something like basketballs, RBK and Nike jerseys you'd see a huge boost in sales. Many we need more rappers like Xzbit wearing hockey jerseys.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Van said:
I would like to see a link to this deal you are talking about. The only deal I am aware of, is the same deal CCM/KOHO signed with the NHL a few years back, and the only change is Reebok now owning CCM/KOHO.

In the end, the NHL will have on their jerseys what the NHL wants.

And CCM isn't? They've been making NHL merchandise since jerseys became jerseys instead of sweaters.

The only difference is the logo. CCM, KOHO and Jofa will still make the stuff, just instead of their own logos, they'll put Reebok logos on their stuff. A simple logo won't make much of a difference in markets that have not already accepted the sport.

CCM is too, but I mean RBK is not coming in and doing something they know nothing about.

I forget where I read it, but I know there is an agreement that Reebok will be making jerseys untill 2014.

BCCHL inactive

Skittles.TML said:
Now if hockey had something like basketballs, RBK and Nike jerseys you'd see a huge boost in sales.

Reebok does everything for NBA jerseys now. Nike is out.

PanthersRule said:
I forget where I read it, but I know there is an agreement that Reebok will be making jerseys untill 2014.

It's probably the same deal that CCM/KOHO had. Reebok isn't taking over from CCM/KOHO, Reebok bought The Hockey Company (CCM/KOHO/Jofa). The only difference in anything, is the logo.

Whenever I order a jersey for a customer at work, I still call my CCM rep.

ModSquad

Jan 26, 2005
www.modsquadhockey.com
The jerseys will be branded with the Reebok Vector once (if) the NHL resumes.

I have actually seen a pro Reebok Blackhawks NHL jersey and the logo will be on the back of the neck (where the CCM/Koho logo was before). They had a booth at Super Show last week and they had a mannequin with the gear on.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i really dont think this will matter any. the jerseys will look the same short of the logo. maybe they could have people they sponsor to wear them in high profile situations - other than that i cant see their being a difference. reebok makes commercials, right? maybe theyll start making better hockey commercials and showing them in prime time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad