Ansar Khan: Raymond Out For Eight Weeks

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Bummer for the kid his SHL career is probably over... the last regular season game is March 25th... Playoffs after that so I dunno.

Get healthy & ready for the NHL/AHL kid!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Definitely got the impression the "4 weeks" timeline was too optimistic. I don't feel too concerned about this, it would be great if he could get some playoff games but it's more important he has a great offseason, builds up his strength and conditioning and comes in for 21-22 ready to make a difference no matter what league he is in.

Reactions: Tetsuo

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Definitely got the impression the "4 weeks" timeline was too optimistic. I don't feel too concerned about this, it would be great if he could get some playoff games but it's more important he has a great offseason, builds up his strength and conditioning and comes in for 21-22 ready to make a difference no matter what league he is in.
I would like to see him signed and brought over to NA to begin rehab and then strength and conditioning training. At least with this injury it doesn't seem like it will be a chronic thing and he will be able to get a full summer of training in, which, to my mind, is the most important part of his development.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
My friend was able to sit in on this through the Wayne State MBA program, so I have heard a variety of things that were discussed during the event. Hopefully Ansar or some of the other guys on the beat are able to put together a comprehensive article.

In short, Seider did have a bruise, but is otherwise fine. The Raymond injury indeed was a prior injury from 4 years ago that did not heal properly; this is a re-injury, but not considered a big deal. Bertuzzi is out tomorrow, he is day to day still depending on how he feels.

Some paraphrased quotes from Steve:

Q: Is the team making progress at the "rate" you were hoping?
A: I didn't have a rate, but I like what I'm seeing from major pieces (ie pieces that matter) Larkin, Raymond, Zadina. Defensively we are playing much better collectively. We're not winning right now but we're battling much better than last season

"I'm not worried about Zadina, that kid can score. I'm not worried about his numbers, I'm looking at the little things, he's going to score plenty of goals"

League is looking at different options for lottery and will present something to the teams in the near future. Quiet on the leagues side right now.

"I do expect tweaks to the lottery, I just don't know how much. I hope they push the draft back, but who knows what they decide."

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Love Stevie's comments on Zadina. And Raymond will heal fine. Probably a bit more of a conservative approach to protect him. If this was his draft year, it would probably be on the 4 week side of things.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What is with all of our top picks getting hurt? Zadina, Veleno, Rasmussen, Raymond.....!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00