Raymond or Kulemin?

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
So I highly doubt both players will return given our cap situation. Would you rather have a strong defensive two-way forward or a sniper who nets about 50 points but doesn't do much more than that (not saying it's a bad thing)? Raymond will probably be cheaper but not by a lot.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
So I highly doubt both players will return given our cap situation. Would you teacher have a strong defensive two-way forward or a sniper who nets about 50 points but doesn't do much more than that (not saying it's a bad thing)? Raymond will probably be cheaper but not by a whole lot.

depends on the contract, but easily Kulemin.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Kulemin AINEC.

Raymond is the most frustrating player's I've had the joy of watching this year... Guy has the hockey IQ of a squirrel.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Depends on what both are asking for but in terms of skill set, I easily take Kulemin. He's not going to score as many goals as Raymond but he's not going to give up as many as Raymond either. The team needs at least a couple of Raymond/Kulemin hybrids on the team - a guy who contributes offensively but is strong on the puck and is willing to play tough and defensively when need be.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Depends on the contract but I'm leaning towards neither

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
Raymond is good but he is VERY frustrating to watch sometimes.

Kulemin is a work horse and can play in our top 6. If he signs for under 3Mil I'd bring him back for sure.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think this is closer than people will want it to be. Kulemin is my favorite player but the fact of the matter is that Raymond put up 45 points playing primarily the third line - that's the definition of the secondary scoring this team needs (which Kulemin provides little of).

That said, no one works harder than Kulemin and he is our best defensive forward (but that's not saying much this season). I voted Raymond but it can go either way. I think both will be gone in the off-season anyways.

Kyle Doobas*

Neither.

You can get guys to do what Kulemin does for half of what he'll be asking for, and Raymond is just too one-dimensional to be part of the solution here. Plus he'll presumably be looking for a raise as well.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Same money? Kulemin without a doubt. Raymond is good but he is too similar to Lupul, Kessel, etc Kulemin is a different player and we need more of him.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Jonas Siegel seemed pretty confident last night that neither of them will be back.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
neither. free up some cap space

Free it up for what though. Franson? AHL guys? Bolland? None are choices that Lear to success. It would seem we have to expect a nothing team next year.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Both will walk, try to get a late pick for their rights at the draft IMO.

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
I wouldn't mind keeping Kulemin at the right price. Raymond will no doubt get stupid money (hopefully elsewhere), and I'd rather not keep a solid offensive player and defensive liability when we could sign some strong two-way players.

Raymond was fine for this year, and maybe if Bolland had stayed healthy he would've had a season that warrants a contract. For now, though, I say let him walk.

nussell

Nov 29, 2013
Ontario
and Grabovski

Grabo is a ****ing puck hog bum.Look at where his team is this year the same spot as us. Why do you want a player that can't take what role he's given and Raymond sucks to. to ****in soft if hockey was to skate in circles in the corner with the puck and not pass well he's the best at that

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Get rid of both of them. I don't mind Kulie, but I think it's time for both parties to move on. We don't need to pay someone $3+ M to score 6 or 7 goals a year. We're already paying David Clarkson for that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad