Raymond Calder Bet - Ride it out or cash it out?

What should I do?

• Total voters

ChrisJP23

Jan 16, 2021
For those that live in Michigan you know online sports betting is legal.

After watching 2 preseason games I knew Raymond was not going to start the season in the minors and was going to be something special. I looked up his odds at the time to win the Calder and it was a staggering high +3400. I decided to put some money down to give me a little more incentive to cheer him on during the season. As you know, it's been a fun ride so far lol.

However, with all the half season articles coming out naming Zegras the frontrunner and his now 2 highlight reel plays, it seems like Raymond will come up short. Even Seider appears to be passing him regarding Calder votes.

If I wanted, I could cash out now and still get a lot more back than what I put down.

So, the question I have been asking myself is should I cash out now while the cash out is still very good, or say no guts no glory and ride the bet out till the end?

Reactions: Henkka

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

After watching 2 preseason games I knew Raymond was not going to start the season in the minors and was going to be something special. I looked up his odds at the time to win the Calder and it was a staggering high +3400. I decided to put some money down to give me a little more incentive to cheer him on during the season. As you know, it's been a fun ride so far lol.

However, with all the half season articles coming out naming Zegras the frontrunner and his now 2 highlight reel plays, it seems like Raymond will come up short. Even Seider appears to be passing him regarding Calder votes.

If I wanted, I could cash out now and still get a lot more back than what I put down.

So, the question I have been asking myself is should I cash out now while the cash out is still very good, or say no guts no glory and ride the bet out till the end?

Go on, take the money and run.

Hoo, hoo, hoo.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I have bets for Lundell, Seider and Raymond.

I would cash Raymond out, because I think he is the 2nd favourite from Wings, as Seider being the clear first favourite to win the whole thing.

My final predictions are:

1. Seider
2.Zegras
3.Lundell
4.Raymond

For the voting.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Depends on how much you bet, if it's under $100 I'd hold.

If it's over $100 then I'd cash out and roll just the winnings into a new bet (Seider).

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
And I think most of you are more optimistic than I am that the people voting are actually watching how impressive Seider is out there.

Reactions: SpookyTsuki

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I personally don't see Raymond getting it if you can get money take it and nice call

I think Raymond will finish 3rd its just a nice year for Rookies.

Last edited:

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

We need more information.

If you cash out now how much will you get?

If you don't cash out and Raymond wins the calder how much do you get?

ChrisJP23

Jan 16, 2021
We need more information.

If you cash out now how much will you get?

If you don't cash out and Raymond wins the calder how much do you get?

I put $50 down (hindsight I wish I did more lol).

If I hold out and he wins I would get $1750.

If I cash out today I would get $512 (so a $462 profit). The cash out has already gone down from $550 this past weekend before all the articles and Zegras's Michigan goal.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

If I cash out today I would get $512 (so a $462 profit). The cash out has already gone down from $550 this past weekend before all the articles and Zegras's Michigan goal.

Just take it. Nice money already.

ChrisJP23

Jan 16, 2021
Looks like cashing out is the overwhelming favorite.

Is waiting before the all-star break too greedy?

Wings have 3 more games before the break. Toronto, Zegras and the Ducks! and then the Kings.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Raymond need a hattrick in hattricks to win. It is a bonus he is on the team at all this year.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yeesh I dunno guys. I think we're too in the Wings bubble with Seider.

Obviously I think he's the best rookie, by a mile, but that's not how these votes pan out usually.

Zegras has the hype, the stats, and the ESPN highlights.
Yup,. Highlight reel goals will probably make this a lock for Zegras.

Cash out.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I have a Raumond calder bet and if it was letting me cash out for htat I would be taking it

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Cash 100%

Even if he goes on a tear and wins it, 10x your bet now is a really nice haul and definitely was the right move.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

Hmmm that is a tough one. I think Raymond has personally hit a bit of a wall. He is still playing decent but Zegras and Lundell have been on fire lately. I still think that Seider have a good shot to win it based on what he has done.

I personally would cash out.

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Cash. He's not shooting anymore. Seider will get some notice in the Canadian media for telling Crosby to bug off.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: