Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I think it was a tag match shortly after the Royal Rumble in 2017. Cena got the win back the next week though in a singles non-title, which at the time was presumably the main event for Wrestlemania.

indeed

207.02.2017 John Cena defeats Randy Orton (12:00)
WWE SmackDown Live #912 - TV-Show @ KeyArena in Seattle, Washington, USA
331.01.2017 The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton) defeat John Cena & Luke Harper (10:00)
WWE SmackDown Live #911 - TV-Show @ American Bank Center Arena in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's this week, isn't it?

They could just freebird it and put Adam Cole in, because otherwise I don't see where he's going anyways.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That's this week, isn't it?

They could just freebird it and put Adam Cole in, because otherwise I don't see where he's going anyways.

Probably the best thing to do. After the Black Rivalry I don't know what his next rivalry could be besides Undisputed vs Sanity. So free bird away! good idea.

What is the TakeOver card shaping up to be?

Black vs Almas
Gargano vs Ciampa
Moon vs Whats her name 2 or add in Kari?
Sanity vs Undisputed (since Sanity has a rematch or pinned them or something?)
AOP vs ??? Dusty Classic Finals (or is that ending on T.V?)
Some other singles match with Dream or EC3 or w.e

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Winner of the tournament was supposed to get the title shot.

I'm guessing Ember/Shayna in a submission match? I don't think it needs Kairi.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, at long last to the desire of some, NXT is introducing a secondary title at Takeover New Orleans. It is the NXT North American Championship. And it will be a 5-way. And it will be a

EC3 will be in the match

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So NXT taping.

There's going to be an NXT singles belt, the North American Championship. A ladder match is set for Takeover to decide the first champion. EC3 made had he debut (as EC3), and will be in the match.

I'm against the idea of a secondary title, as I don't think there needs to be one. It'll be interesting to see how it's handled. If they treat it like the NJPW Intercontinental title then it's good, but if it's a standard mid-card WWE title then whatever.

But I do like the name. I really dislike 'United States' titles as they really don't make sense most the time. NJPW made one for Omega, but he's Canadian and defended it against another Canadian, and won it in a tournament that had more non-Americans than Americans. And now a Kiwi holds it.

I like 'national' titles, but hardly anyone does those anymore.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So, at long last to the desire of some, NXT is introducing a secondary title at Takeover New Orleans. It is the NXT North American Championship. And it will be a 5-way. And it will be a

EC3 will be in the match

It will be a... "Video blocked in you country" match \o/.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It will be a... "Video blocked in you country" match \o/.
That should go right up there with Teddy Long's disqualification match.

My thoughts on the actual title, given the participants of the match (EC3, Velveteen Dream, Lars Sullivan, Ricochet, and Adam Cole Bay Bay) is that they simply feel they need another title to give to somebody, and somebody who otherwise should be getting the world title but won't be. Has to be either Adam Cole or Lars Sullivan.

Or another thought, the NA title would be for guys who come up through the PC. Not any of the indy recruits. So, again, Lars Sullivan. Or Velveteen Dream. They haven't had someone hold the NXT title that was of their own creation since Bo Dallas.

Edit: I read the report wrong. Killain Dain is in the match too and it's a 6-way

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Killian Dain is in the match too, it's a six-man match.

Worth noting that Cole is in the match, so it must mean that Fish will be OK by Takeover.

It's a very star heavy match, which is a good start. But NXT is stacked so it's hard not to have that. Still, if these are the guys who are going to be fighting for it, leaving the NXT title to be a more long term program, then it should work.

What I fear is that the belt gets turned into the 'lets get everyone on the card' match belt, with many four-ways and whatnot. Takeovers are great as you never have things like that, and the non-title matches are always built well or are debuts and nothing is there just to be there.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Full results:

Tommaso Ciampa promo - Says Johnny Gargano is gone, Gargano attacks him, Security removes Gargano.
Roderick Strong & Pete Dunne defeat Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch - Dusty Tag Classic.
Ember Moon defeats Aliyah - Shayna on commentary.
Raul Mendoza comes out, but Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas attackes him. Almas promo on Aleister Black.
Adam Cole defeats Kassius Ohno.
Regal announced North American Championship, EC3 interrupts, six-way Ladder match set for Takeover.

Authors of Pain defeat Street Profits - Dusty Tag Classic.
Roderick Strong & Pete Dunne defeat Sanity - Dusty Tag Classic.
Lars Sullivan defeats Jon Silver
Dakota Kai comes out, switch to a video of Almas attacking Black outside, they brawl to the ring.
Killian Dain, Lars Sullivan, Adam Cole, EC3, Velveteen Dream, and Ricochet announced for the ladder match.

Velveteen Dream defeats Trent Seven.
Lars Sullivan vs Killian Dain - No contest, the ladder match guys brawl.
Kairi Sane defeats Vanessa Bourne.
Pete Dunne & Roderick Strong vs Authors of Pain - Dusty Tag Final - No contest due to reDRagon.
Regal out, Tag match at Takeover now a three-way, with the winners becoming champions and Tag Classic winner.

Tag Tournament Results:
Round One:

Street Profits defeat Heavy Machinery
Authors of Pain defeat TM61
Sanity defeat Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss
Pete Dunne & Roderick Strong* defeat Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

Round Two:
Pete Dunne & Roderick Strong defeat Sanity
Authors of Pain defeat Street Profits

Final:
Pete Dunne & Roderick Strong vs Authors of Pain - No Contest, Takeover made a three-way for both titles.

*Tyler Bate is injured, so Pete Dunne and Roderick Strong replaced Moustache Mountain in the tournament.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Or not, a wild Dijak has shown up. Billed as Chris Dijak (his real name). Chris Dijak vs Ricochet. Maybe a dark match?

Anyway, Takeover card:

Andrade 'Cien' Almas (c) vs Aleister Black - NXT Title
Ember Moon (c) vs Shayna Baszler - NXT Women's Title
Adam Cole vs EC3 vs Killian Dain vs Lars Sullivan vs Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream - Ladder match for inaugural NXT North American Championship
reDRagon vs Authors of Pain vs Strong & Dunne - NXT Tag Titles / Dusty Tag Final
Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa (not confirmed but expected)

Reactions: ColePens

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Lack of sanity makes me sad.

but gotta give at least 30 minutes to Ciampa and Gargano, right? Not just some 15 minute blow off.

Gotta think Sanity and AOP get call ups post Mania

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They only did one segment on the show, and 5 matches were announced. I’m thinking Ciampa isn’t making the show. They have a lot more angles to get through before they get to a match. For all the time this has taken and attention to detail, they’re not just going to hotshot the announcement of the match at this point.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Or not, a wild Dijak has shown up. Billed as Chris Dijak (his real name). Chris Dijak vs Ricochet. Maybe a dark match?

Anyway, Takeover card:

Andrade 'Cien' Almas (c) vs Aleister Black - NXT Title
Ember Moon (c) vs Shayna Baszler - NXT Women's Title
Adam Cole vs EC3 vs Killian Dain vs Lars Sullivan vs Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream - Ladder match for inaugural NXT North American Championship
reDRagon vs Authors of Pain vs Strong & Dunne - NXT Tag Titles / Dusty Tag Final
Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa (not confirmed but expected)

Still... amazing card. I don't see a piss break in the entire show.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Odd that Fish is still booked for Takeover when he's apparently having surgery. I imagine he'll be heavily sheltered.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
That's weird. So Red Dragon can win the Dusty Classic without being in the actual tournament. Probably means they won't but I don't follow NXT much to tell.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
They only did one segment on the show, and 5 matches were announced. I’m thinking Ciampa isn’t making the show. They have a lot more angles to get through before they get to a match. For all the time this has taken and attention to detail, they’re not just going to hotshot the announcement of the match at this point.

I guess they might want the match in Chicago were the turn took place last year..? Not a bad idea. Sucks we won't get to see it for another little while though

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Fish is supposedly planned for knee surgery this week.

Maybe they are keeping the door open in case his recovery is quick, and Cole will work double duty if he can’t make it?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess they might want the match in Chicago were the turn took place last year..? Not a bad idea. Sucks we won't get to see it for another little while though

No I think Ciampa just won't be ready, but they're putting him on TV now to build it. When he got hurt last year, they thought it was touch-and-go for Wrestlemania, his knee was really bad and he did more damage in the ladder match.

They have to do this right, because theoretically, that should main event the show given the storyline. Title matches should be your main events, but I don't think so in that case, everyone knows that's the biggest match they can do right now.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
On Fish and Ciampa, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it. I was going by what happened at the taping to put the card together, but the backstage stuff we never see so we're often missing details so I've probably got something wrong.

One option they have with the tag titles is to vacate them at Takeover and crown new champions. It being the tournament final lets them get away with that a bit, even if it's not ideal.

Gargano vs Ciampa is going to be big whenever they do it, so delaying it really isn't a problem. WWE are good at waiting for people to be fully healed from injuries, they're not going to rush it when they know it will keep.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Like everyone here is saying:
Johnny vs. Ciampa is the main event when ever they eventually go at it. So that would be the right time to give someone a shot at the title that might not be a draw or is still green but you have hope for aka. Lars Sullivan or Velveteen Dream.

But with that said the bigger issue standing in the way is that Johnny doesn’t have a contract with NXT right now so you have/need time for him to earn his way back (and ciampa time to heal).

They should headline the next takeover though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
On Bobby Fish, they could always run an angle to get him out and Adam Cole in.

For Ciampa and Gargano, they probably have to do something where Ciampa is demanding Gargano come back, but he has to convince Almas, and by extension Zelina Vega. Lead to a match between Zelina and Candace where if she puts her career up in exchange for Gargano coming back. That's how I would do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad