Signing(s): Ravens give Flacco 3 year extension

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Flacco's 60 TD/47 INT since the Super Bowl is the second worst among QBs, only ahead of Geno Smith.

That's pretty bad.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
As a Broncos fan who watched Peyton throw ducks all year long I can tell Ravens fans - you're absolutely blessed to have a QB that is solid and you don't have to worry about for the next 5-7 years.

Don't take it for granted. Could be much worse.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
That is a lot of money for someone whose best talent is getting PI calls on his lame duck long bombs.

:sarcasm:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He is capable of putting together stretches where he is great (like the 2012 playoffs he was amazing), but he makes too many dumb decisions.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
As a Broncos fan who watched Peyton throw ducks all year long I can tell Ravens fans - you're absolutely blessed to have a QB that is solid and you don't have to worry about for the next 5-7 years.

Don't take it for granted. Could be much worse.

Wouldn't be in that position if he didn't beat San Fran. He has leverage because of it. That's the only reason they have a QB for that long. But I won't feel too bad for Denver. They had Elway and some Peyton. Its not like they never had one or even in the last 20 years.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Flacco wasn't even that great in those playoffs. He underthrew a lot of balls that guys like Moore and Culliver completely misplayed, or got bailed out by Boldin making plays.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Flacco is fine

When he is on his game he is a great QB ,, When he is off he struggles with consistency

Overall the price is fine and he provides the Ravens longterm stability at position

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
That is a lot of money for someone whose best talent is getting PI calls on his lame duck long bombs.

:sarcasm:

Flacco needs to pair with Eric Decker. Just have him run to the end zone, Joe chucks it deep and the Decker flops over and calls for the flag, 1 yard punch in and repeat. :sarcasm:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
If you have even just merely a solid, reliable starter like Flacco, that's not something you should take for granted. The money may look a bit much but look at what numbers guys like Andy Dalton put up when they signed their deals. Just merely stability gets you paid.

Hell, I'm pretty sure most Browns fans would be pretty jealous with the 9783972309 different QB's they've blown through in the last 2 decades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad