Rate the Oilers deadline

Rate the Oilers deadline

• Total voters

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
C

I like the players we got, but we failed to address our biggest need which is defence and goaltending.

Reactions: Duke74

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I don't understand not going all in. You have the best player in the league, and the GM has never sold the farm to give him the best possible chance of winning the cup.
Then you have your main competition adding multiple impact players.
I hope the Oilers win it all. But Holland could have done more.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It's a C-, we added forward depth and Stetcher isn't going to impact our D lines.

We're coming out of it with a 20+ goal scorer, so that's decent and no movement for our roster.

So..passable, but underwhelming and we didn't target any of our actual needs.

A big ole' meh.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
C

Good moves that make us better

But for what we gave up, comparative to the competition, not so good

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Gave it a F
F stands for f***ed from the get go but you can't rate the nice piece of business the Oilers did compared to the cheating ways of the Vegas Golden Knights and Bettman's online sports gambling shenanigans.

C+

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
An F

Just like Holland's entire tenure as a GM here. It's a shame this bum is going to be able to retire rather than be fired like he deserves.

5 years to ice a genuine d-core and find reliable goaltending.

Nada

What a loser.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Compared to Vegas and Colorado, they failed.

I’m a vacuum (which we’re not in at all), the team got better with defined bottom 6 Cs. Stetcher is a good spare tire.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Can’t wait to play this in round one

Barbashev - Eichel - March
Stephenson - Hertl - Stone
Mantha - Karlsson - Amadio
Carrier - Roy - Kolesar
Howden - Cotter

Hanifin - Pietro
McNabb - Theodore
Hague - Whitecloud
Martinez

Hill
Thompson

If Vegas actually brings everyone back, who are you realistically going to bring in to beat this? It's pretty obvious that the issue is with Vegas and not Edmonton.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
B- or C+.

In a bubble these are non-sexy good depth moves that help deepen their thin depth down the middle. But life isn't a bubble and while the Oilers are like a teetering Jenga game with minimal trade collateral, outside the Oil bubble Vegas destroyed the deadline, Colorado and Dallas also better. Oil still have questions with their defense, top six right wing, and arguably most inexperienced goaltending.

The regular season off the canvas revival has been incredible. Their numbers and stats look great. Unfortunately this is regular season hockey and not the long marathon grind of playoff series and harder, tighter games. This looks like a daunting murderer's row to go through Vegas and/LA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad