OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I think at the time it set pretty high standards for 3D. I saw it in the theatre and it is, by far. the best 3D movie I have seen.

This.

HUGE difference watching it now vs when it first came out.

Similar to the first jurassic park for me....and of course star wars. The special effects were just different and better than everything before it.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Have seen a few:

Nomadland - 8/10. Frances is amazing. It's a little slow, but worth a watch.
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom - 4/10 - I didn't like this one but my wife did. Chadwick Boseman was apparently really sick when he made this. His performance is amazing. I am probably glad I watched it for only that reason
Straight Outta Compton - 9/10 - When it was getting to end of the movie (after 2:35 of a 2:45 movie) I was saying "You're going to end it here?" So much happened after where the movie ends. But it's an awesome watch. Ice Cube's son plays his dad and does a great job.
13 Hours - 7/10 - Maybe a little thin story but I liked it. It didn't need to be as long as it was and Michael Bay made it look pretty.
Rounders - 10/10 - So good. Finally saw the whole thing. John Malkovich is terrific.
Bullseye.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Wife made me watch Avatar. Still dont get the hype.
Didn’t like it when it came out. Wouldn’t like it now.

For a film with such a massive box office, it has earned not a smidge of cultural cache. Forgotten about and left behind in the hype of its release.

Zemeckis was doing 3D better than Cameron already and making more entertaining films.

Reactions: BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Didn’t like it when it came out. Wouldn’t like it now.

For a film with such a massive box office, it has earned not a smidge of cultural cache. Forgotten about and left behind in the hype of its release.

Zemeckis was doing 3D better than Cameron already and making more entertaining films.

It was better as Ferngully, just as bad as Dances With Wolves, and all three copied Little Big Man. Derivative pap.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad