Rate My Draft

Koopa I

Nov 22, 2009
Brantford
Plus any in sight you have on my picks would be nice its a 30 team sim league and i managed to trade to get quite a few picks

# 6 Ryan Strome
# 8 Ryan Murphy
# 13 Mark Scheifle
# 19 Matt Puempel
# 22 Jonas Brodin
# 62 Nick Cousins
# 70 Nick Shore
# 71 Josh Leivo
# 96 Colin Jacobs
# 101 Kale Kessey
# 132 Brenen Kichon
# 135 Nikita Nesterov
# 143 Niklas Lundstrom

What do you think my good picks were my bad picks?
Who has a chance to make there WJC team?
This is just up to the 5th round by the way

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Plus any in sight you have on my picks would be nice its a 30 team sim league and i managed to trade to get quite a few picks

# 6 Ryan Strome
# 8 Ryan Murphy
# 13 Mark Scheifle
# 19 Matt Puempel
# 22 Jonas Brodin
# 62 Nick Cousins
# 70 Nick Shore
# 71 Josh Leivo
# 96 Colin Jacobs
# 101 Kale Kessey
# 132 Brenen Kichon
# 135 Nikita Nesterov
# 143 Niklas Lundstrom

Love your first two picks but still not sold on Scheifele. Also like the picks of Jacobs and Kichton. Kessy was picked too high.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

# 6 Ryan Strome
# 8 Ryan Murphy
# 13 Mark Scheifle
# 19 Matt Puempel
# 22 Jonas Brodin
# 62 Nick Cousins
# 70 Nick Shore
# 71 Josh Leivo
# 96 Colin Jacobs
# 101 Kale Kessey
# 132 Brenen Kichon
# 135 Nikita Nesterov
# 143 Niklas Lundstrom

not a fan of Scheifle ...

but you got some good pickups, Leivo is going to be good

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

# 6 Ryan Strome
# 13 Mark Scheifle
# 22 Jonas Brodin
# 132 Brenen Kichon
# 143 Niklas Lundstrom

# 8 Ryan Murphy
# 19 Matt Puempel
# 62 Nick Cousins
# 70 Nick Shore
# 71 Josh Leivo
# 96 Colin Jacobs
# 101 Kale Kessey
# 135 Nikita Nesterov

Well the bolded picks at the top were really good value where you picked them. Brodin at 22 is insane and a great pick. Of course, you passed on him at 19, but luckily you don't have to be the person second-guessing that in a few seasons because he fell to you at 22.

The non-bolded picks were all reaches by you in regards to their NHL draft order. That's a lot of reaches, but I like some of the names you got. That being said, Jacobs, Kessy, and Nesterov I would have advised you not to reach on. But who knows - it's all a crap shoot and I certainly don't know how it will all turn out.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Well the bolded picks at the top were really good value where you picked them. Brodin at 22 is insane and a great pick. Of course, you passed on him at 19, but luckily you don't have to be the person second-guessing that in a few seasons because he fell to you at 22.

The non-bolded picks were all reaches by you in regards to their NHL draft order. That's a lot of reaches, but I like some of the names you got. That being said, Jacobs, Kessy, and Nesterov I would have advised you not to reach on. But who knows - it's all a crap shoot and I certainly don't know how it will all turn out.

Depending on who was available Murphy really isn't a reach at all. For fantasy purposes, offensive defenceman that put up huge points are better then an all around or defensive defenceman. So unless you are playing with a tons of categories that include hits and blocked shots, a guy like Luke Schenn wouldn't even get picked with the last pick of the draft.

As for the draft, great job accumulating plenty of 1st rounders. And don't listen to the Schefle haters, getting him at 13 is tremendous value, he is getting crittically underrated on these boards around here ever since he was drafted.

Had Scheifle slipped to Dallas at 12, Ottawa was planning on trading up to draft him. At 13 he is good value.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Depending on who was available Murphy really isn't a reach at all. For fantasy purposes, offensive defenceman that put up huge points are better then an all around or defensive defenceman. So unless you are playing with a tons of categories that include hits and blocked shots, a guy like Luke Schenn wouldn't even get picked with the last pick of the draft.

As for the draft, great job accumulating plenty of 1st rounders. And don't listen to the Schefle haters, getting him at 13 is tremendous value, he is getting crittically underrated on these boards around here ever since he was drafted.

Had Scheifle slipped to Dallas at 12, Ottawa was planning on trading up to draft him. At 13 he is good value.

This is a sim league, I think, not fantasy. Sim leagues usually offensive d are about as useful as defensive d.

Agree on the Scheifele value part, him and Brodin are great picks at where they were picked here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad