Rate Muller's job so far as coach?

WWAD

Aug 20, 2009
I would give him a solid 7.

He can't be faulted for Sangs and Corvo being two of his seven defense-men, or the fact that Ward started the season stone cold.

The fact that big physical teams can push this team around at will is mostly not his fault.

He can be faulted for an atrocious penalty kill, and an even worse power play.

His line combinations, while not perfect out the gate, seem to have been altered smartly and with a good amount of thought.

The team is listless at times, but probably no worse than other decent NHL teams.

We'll see how they do in their first shoot-out. If they win, I'll give him an extra point. If Chad is one of the shoot-out players, I'm taking away at least two points.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I think he's done well here.. Only thing I'd criticize is the special teams units because he was really known for that before he got here.. I do give him a slight pass because he hasn't had a full training camp yet.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Yeah, as has been said, it's been an unusual start. I like him and his attitude. Really, given what is, the team is doing well and when things start to click, they will be spending alot of time in the other teams end. I don't have much to complain about given my limited knowledge of the team so far. They have had unreal chances and when the luck changes a bit, games will be won. I've been impressed. Sure there are holes and some things that need to be worked on, but, aren't most teams in that situation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad