F----

Fire Neely
Fire Chiarelli
Fire JFJ
Fire them all

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
He didn't buy, he didn't sell.

IMO he didn't improve the team for today or in the future and didn't help the D, again.

I'll give them a 1.5

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm going to go out on a limb and give them a 2.

I really like the Connolly deal; and have hopes he can be a top 6 or at the very least top 9 guy this year, and more going forward. Good asset management here.

I am glad that he didn't get into a bidding war and overpay for some of the guys that were moved; but based off the market, I'm surprised he didn't try to sell a few guys and re-tool the roster for next year. That was the move IMO.

and I really don't understand the Talbot pick up. Guy makes 1.75 million next year, and we are already in a cap crunch for next year and need to be purging guys like that, not getting another one of them.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
2 - Failure to upgrade blue line guarantees this team a 1st round exit, if they even make the playoff. Only reason I don't give it a 1 is because the Connolly trade could work out.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He didn't buy, he didn't sell.

IMO he didn't improve the team for today or in the future and didn't help the D, again.

I'll give them a 1.5

This is exactly the issue.

Chiarelli made no better indication today as to the direction we are taking this year or next than he has the last number of months.

It's all just up in the air. Very little has been accomplished.

By the way...just a fair warning. I am willing to verbally rip anyone who comes in here as a Chia apologist and says anything along the lines of "typical overreaction by the board."

For the record I voted "2" because Connolly has a SLIGHT chance of working out in the long run.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
for this season, 1.

for future, 1.25

still not sure why they lost cunningham for nothing

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
In a vacuum 3, in context of a team that needs a clear direction 1.

Hopefully that new direction comes in the off season- right now we're sitting in limbo.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Adding Connolly was a good move but please tell me where: Smith, Spooner, Pastrnak, Ferlin, Connolly, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, and now Talbot fit in with the open spots below.

Lucic - Krejci - X
Marchand Bergeron - X
X - Soderberg - Eriksson
X - X - X

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

The prices being paid, you either buy or you sell. Sitting on your hands and making deals for depth players is a joke. The Tampa deal could turn out to be a steal in a few years, and was likely a good hockey move. High reward type deal. However it does nothing right now. I'm really upset.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Not impressed

Connoly Trade: B (like it, good upside deal, 2nd and 3rd would have been ideal to give up)
Caron/Talbot: C- (Talbot > Caron but he's making 1.7M next year - gross amount for a 4th liner. If we can dump him in the off-season for even a 5th then this doesn't look as bad)

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Adding Connolly was a good move but please tell me where: Smith, Spooner, Pastrnak, Ferlin, Connolly, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, and now Talbot fit in with the open spots below.

Lucic - Krejci - X
Marchand Bergeron - X
X - Soderberg - Eriksson
X - X - X

My guess.

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Kelly- Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Smith
Extra: Talbot

Spooner demoted.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Laughing stocks of the nhl.. i am on my way torch in hand!, someone break out the stocks and rotten tomatoes
Lets have a Stoning!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Max Talbot is literally going to replace Caron. He will be a given a spot night in and night out, through the playoffs, no matter how bad he is.

There isn't a single other team in the league which operates like that.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
4, based on the poll options, but really a 3. I liked the Connolly deal. Helps us now and in the future. Talbot is ok, but he's redundant and signed for another year. Still, he'll be a decent player for us. Good character guy, will definitely buy into the system and help us out in the bottom-6. Lost Cunningham for nothing. We got stronger, but not NEARLY as much so as Montreal... and we might be playing them first. We needed a defenseman and didn't get one.

We improved. Not by much, but we improved. So 3. For the entire season? 1. And changes need to be made for sure. I have a hard time seeing Chiarelli as our GM next year, and I wouldn't be surprised if we clean house.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Same people will come in as apologists... others will be lower the hammer...

But let's be honest he did the worst thing possible.. stayed the course, and added salary next year for another overpaid 4th liner after getting nothing for our current overpaid UFA 4th liners.

Like the Connolly move... I like Talbot as a player, if Campbell goes bye bye now.

Guess like always Ferlin and Spooner are out when DK gets healthy...

The sin of it all is he sold out on Boychuk for peanuts, then didn't do more with his dead weight when he could have, in a sellers market... coulda made some nice room for next year...

Hope the players bail him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad