Confirmed with Link: Rasmus Ristolainen traded to PHI for Robert Hagg and #13 Overall, 2nd Rd in 2023

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My thoughts exactly, he also fits well with our group. I hope he gets a three year extension. I've always been a fan of his. He's definitely got his own warts, but with our group he fits in nicely.

With Power, Samuelsson, and Johnson coming, I would be stunned if Hagg got more than a one year offer to re-sign. Giving Hagg a 3 year deal wouldn't fit with Adams talking about not wanting to have a bunch of vets blocking the kids.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Hagg is basically Risto without the stupids.

Hagg is a defensive first d-man who can be physical at times. Risto is a PP QB and offensive d-man. He has a bomb shot and can be very physical. His is simply terrible in his own end and doesn't do great in transition. If you took the Stupids out of Risto, he'd be a norris contender every year. Hagg is better at defensive decision making than Risto, but the bar for that is very very very low.

Oh he does or did plenty of stupids. That was his MO in Philly. It hasn't happened much with the Sabres so far fortunately. Maybe a product if coaching.

Hagg seems to do well with Pysyk. I wonder who Hagg played with last year.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With Power, Samuelsson, and Johnson coming, I would be stunned if Hagg got more than a one year offer to re-sign. Giving Hagg a 3 year deal wouldn't fit with Adams talking about not wanting to have a bunch of vets blocking the kids.

I see them signing a vet 6-7 Dman to 2-3 yrs this summer. They also need a 3RD for 22/23 season. I think the signing of this vet might be more on a RD than a LD. They can sign a LD to a 1 yr contract and carry 8D.

at deadline I only see them trading 1 of Hagg, Butcher, Miller, Pysyk getting traded.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I see them signing a vet 6-7 Dman to 2-3 yrs this summer. They also need a 3RD for 22/23 season. I think the signing of this vet might be more on a RD than a LD. They can sign a LD to a 1 yr contract and carry 8D.

at deadline I only see them trading 1 of Hagg, Butcher, Miller, Pysyk getting traded.

Given how this season has started, I have no idea what they will be doing at this year's TDL.

Reactions: Jamie Walker

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Hagg is basically Risto without the stupids.
And he looks strikingly similar to one of my favorite Sabres in the last 15 years.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 7
  • jochen-hecht-1998-36.jpg
    jochen-hecht-1998-36.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Hagg is a defensive first d-man who can be physical at times. Risto is a PP QB and offensive d-man. He has a bomb shot and can be very physical. His is simply terrible in his own end and doesn't do great in transition. If you took the Stupids out of Risto, he'd be a norris contender every year. Hagg is better at defensive decision making than Risto, but the bar for that is very very very low.

Hagg seems to do well with Pysyk. I wonder who Hagg played with last year.

I wish they would have tossed Risto on the wing for a dozen games last year once they knew the season was over. Risto could have been a very good player here if he was used correctly and in situations that skewed to his play style. The problem was coach after coach attempting to make him Pronger. Every year we heard how he needs to have minutes reduced and needs to be played with a defensive defenseman to compensate for his Risto moments, then the season starts and there's Risto, 27 mins all situations.

He was awesome when they stuck him in front of the net on the PP and let him be a big crease clearing wall blocking the opponents goalies line of sight, it was almost a sure goal. Problem was he did the same thing for the opponents on defense in front of our own net. They should have just let him play forward with zero defensive responsibility.

Reactions: elchud

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If we resign Hagg and Pysyk and Miller, we have Dahlin and Joker, and add Samuelsson and Power. Thats a solid top 7. Sorry Jacob.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I wish I could find my post from 2019/2020, where I said that we should go after him, that he was much more solid than people gave him credit for - and that he would outplay Risto for 1/10th of the cap.

Good to see he's holding his own and he's still only 26, which is pretty young for a defenceman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad