Proposal: Rasmus Andersson to Leafs

drede

Jul 13, 2023
Leafs trade Cowen topi Nemlia 1st 2024
Flames trade Andersson with 1.5m retained

Leafs get there top pair rd to pair with Reilly and very good cap hit for this year and 2 more playoff runs

Flames get a 1st and great prospect and decent rd prospect. If Flames won't retain then I'd switch Cowen for Minten instead

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
The notion that Calgary would have to retain to get better than a 1st and a B+ prospect is silly.

Sometimes a team just doesn't have the asset pool to make a particular trade. This is one, imo.
If Andersson was available (and I don't think he is) the value should be somewhere around two firsts and a B prospect.

From the Wings I would offer 2024 first, Maatta or Holl to clear a roster spot, two seconds, Berggren, and Wallinder.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
As somebody who just pissed off the entire Flames fan base last week discussing Andersson.... This is an awfully low bid lol.

Especially when you're asking for ~33% retention.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Niemela’s skill set is redundant with Hunter Brz in the Flames system already. They won’t have interest in him as part of the trade.

IMO the only assets the Leafs have that move the needle for the Flames is the First, Cowan and Liljegren.

I don’t mind paying that value wise but trading Lilly for Andersson gives us that top pairing D but at the expense of a top 4 rhd.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
If he becomes available and given his contract he’s instantly the most attractive trade target for a lot of teams. Flames have already voiced their displeasure towards Treliving. Doubt this gets it done

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
If Andersson was available (and I don't think he is) the value should be somewhere around two firsts and a B prospect.

From the Wings I would offer 2024 first, Maatta or Holl to clear a roster spot, two seconds, Berggren, and Wallinder.
A 1st + Cowan (a 1st last year) + Niemela (won D of a WJC in 21) doesn't count as 2 1sts + B prospect?

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Dont see the flames trading im
Me either. That's getting into full rebuild territory when you move out a guy his age playing his role. I don't think that's the plan even if people feel it should be.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If his value in a vacuum is 2 late 1sts and a B prospect then Calgary just shouldn’t be moving him

They don’t have any RD prospects knocking at the door of the NHL and they will have traded two of their top 4 D by the deadline

Overpay or keep him

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Leafs trade Cowen topi Nemlia 1st 2024
Flames trade Andersson with 1.5m retained

Leafs get there top pair rd to pair with Reilly and very good cap hit for this year and 2 more playoff runs

Flames get a 1st and great prospect and decent rd prospect. If Flames won't retain then I'd switch Cowen for Minten instead
This offer gets you a signed photo of Andersson.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If his value in a vacuum is 2 late 1sts and a B prospect then Calgary just shouldn’t be moving him

They don’t have any RD prospects knocking at the door of the NHL and they will have traded two of their top 4 D by the deadline

Overpay or keep him
Anderson's value to the Flames is higher than what teams realistically should offer to acquire him. I'd be shocked to see him moved because of this disparity.

Andersson is young enough he could still be a legit first-pair guy on the back end of the rebuild and I don't see him as a flight risk.

Reactions: crackdown44

drede

Jul 13, 2023

Overpay or keep him
Would really only be 1 late 1st if Cowen was in the draft this year after the progress he's had he be a top 10 pick easily and is still 18

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Would really only be 1 late 1st if Cowen was in the draft this year after the progress he's had he be a top 10 pick easily and is still 18

Sure maybe but you missed the point of what I was saying

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A 1st + Cowan (a 1st last year) + Niemela (won D of a WJC in 21) doesn't count as 2 1sts + B prospect?
To me it's fair value but the most important thing is that Hanifin ahs already said he won't resigning so they are going to keep Anderson and maybe revaluate next deadline?

The retention part is a Toronto problem and just pisses off non Leaf fans as Anderson is already on a great contract.

jb9278555

Feb 28, 2024
The only way I'd be willing to move Cowen was if he's retained otherwise it would be minten
cool the flames will just keep him them. Im sure lots of teams will be offering more than a late 1st and 2 b prospects.

And no minten is not an a prospect. lots of players go ppg in whl and account to nothing

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The only way I'd be willing to move Cowen was if he's retained otherwise it would be minten
That's cool. If perchance he becomes available we'll top that easily. Start with Kent Johnson and see what can be negotiated from there.
After all, he can't headhunt Laine again if they're on the same team...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Dont see the flames trading im

with dearth of quality RDs => available, IF he were on the block == which he is not, he would command top $ premium, on top of the fact he is a quality player
and on top of that, extensive bidding from many suitors would drive up price

would love to see him to Rs, but not gonna hap[en

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I just don't think he's available unless he asks out. Buffalo is a trading partner in that circumstance I would think. Their fans offered a vastly better package.

Reactions: freester

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad