Proposal: Rasmus Andersson for Necas

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Rasmus Andersson for Necas 1 for 1.

Carolina gets a #2 RD on a great contract to replace their pending UFA RD. Calgary gets a top-line RW and can sign him long term.

Fair value? Assuming Necas and Carolina can’t easily agree on an extension

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Trading a top pairing defenceman for another winger would be such a Flames thing to do
You want a 1C for Rasmus? He doesn't have that value. Plus Necas was drafted as a natural C and could get a shot there similar to Lindholm. I think he would be a point per game player in the right system with ~20 mins/game.

Huberdeau-Sharangovich-Necas
Zary-Kadri-Coronato/Pospisil

or

Zary-Necas-Coronato
Hubes-Kadri-Sharangovich

Then we still have multiple firsts and tons of other picks this year until 2026 to draft that 1C

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What is up with all these Necas proposals... we aren't shopping him... there's no contract talk issues that we know of. He has been offered (apparently) in massive upgrade deals for M. Tkachuk and E. Pettersen.

Anyway, Andersson is a really nice player signed to a good amount for 2 years. I don't think either team really would want to do this but out of all of the Necas trade proposal threads this one aligns with Carolina's timeline and priorities much better.

If a team really wants Necas so bad they can offer sheet him and give us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or more because that's the contract value it would take to get him away from Carolina.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
A younger (by league standards) RHD with control or term or roster upgrade of him.
I can't think of a single team with a surplus young cost controlled RHD they'd be willing to move. A team also wouldn't do that unless they were convinced Necas was a C and was willing to give him a long term deal to play C for them, which is a question mark.

Seems like it would have to be a 3 way deal, or Carolina would have to try and find a team like Calgary looking to reload/retool and trade a vet with a good contract like Andersson.

Edit: Maybe someone like Cam York / Sanheim? Philly's kind of retooling and are willing to ship out young talent from the old regime.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Trading a pending RFA for a defender with 2 years left, makes no sense for Carolina. Pass

What is Carolina hoping to get for Necas?

A younger (by league standards) RHD with control or term or roster upgrade of him.

I can't think of a single team with a surplus young cost controlled RHD they'd be willing to move. A team also wouldn't do that unless they were convinced Necas was a C and was willing to give him a long term deal to play C for them, which is a question mark.

Seems like it would have to be a 3 way deal, or Carolina would have to try and find a team like Calgary looking to reload/retool and trade a vet with a good contract like Andersson.

Edit: Maybe someone like Cam York / Sanheim? Philly's kind of retooling and are willing to ship out young talent from the old regime.

@Gocanes0506 - I don't think we are going to find that ideal situation like we did with Brady Skjei. I totally get that this is what Carolina would want but also have to work with the reality of the league is and what other teams/players would fit that mold and are available.

@Poppy Whoa Sonnet - Canes aren't looking to trade Necas and will only do so if his salary ask is so far out of line with team budget that we can't make it work. But as an RFA there still needs to be another team who is willing to give up assets AND the contract that he would want to facilitate the move. Ho doesn't have full leverage like in a UFA situation.

Overall, Necas is a pretty damn important part of our offensive outlook. He deserves a sizeable raise but he also isn't going to get Svech level money from us or likely anyone else. Something $6-7m AAV should work for both sides.

Reactions: DaveG

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
@Gocanes0506 - I don't think we are going to find that ideal situation like we did with Brady Skjei. I totally get that this is what Carolina would want but also have to work with the reality of the league is and what other teams/players would fit that mold and are available.

@Poppy Whoa Sonnet - Canes aren't looking to trade Necas and will only do so if his salary ask is so far out of line with team budget that we can't make it work. But as an RFA there still needs to be another team who is willing to give up assets AND the contract that he would want to facilitate the move. Ho doesn't have full leverage like in a UFA situation.

Overall, Necas is a pretty damn important part of our offensive outlook. He deserves a sizeable raise but he also isn't going to get Svech level money from us or likely anyone else. Something $6-7m AAV should work for both sides.
He should easily get 7.5M+ in a future deal. All the comparables are there and the cap is going up 4M.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Just doesn't make sense for the Flames. If we are truly retooling without a full rebuild, we can't afford to be down to just Weegar as a legit top four option. Kylington has played well but isn't signed yet.

If the Flames see Necas as a center, MAYBE there's something there, but D is our weakest spot currently on the roster, so moving for a guy who has primarily been a winger doesn't make sense. Not with Zary, Kuzmenko, Huberdeau, Coronato, Mangi, etc.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Not even close, next
Maybe I'm just overrating Necas in this thread, but he’s a 60-70 pt RH RW playing 17 mins a game on a top-5 team in the league with a strict defensive structure. I feel like with first line minutes and usage he’d be easily our most dynamic forward and over point per game while also doing wonders for our PP and specifically our god awful zone entries.

Plus Necas was drafted as a C and I would love to try him there on a line with Zary. Either him or Zary could be the C long term but I would just love for Zary to play with a dynamic offensive talent with pace. Throw a guy like Coronato or Pelletier or Sharangovich with them and you have an interesting young line

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Rasmus Andersson for Necas 1 for 1.

Carolina gets a #2 RD on a great contract to replace their pending UFA RD. Calgary gets a top-line RW and can sign him long term.

Fair value? Assuming Necas and Carolina can’t easily agree on an extension
Flame's can do much better if they choose to shop him

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

We traded a first for Skjei. Im missing how these two are related. Im we could easily go shopping for a righty, pay futures for, and then go find a better deal for necas. A cost controlled player at wing that will play now, which wing is irrelevant.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Just doesn't make sense for the Flames. If we are truly retooling without a full rebuild, we can't afford to be down to just Weegar as a legit top four option. Kylington has played well but isn't signed yet.

If the Flames see Necas as a center, MAYBE there's something there, but D is our weakest spot currently on the roster, so moving for a guy who has primarily been a winger doesn't make sense. Not with Zary, Kuzmenko, Huberdeau, Coronato, Mangi, etc.

I don’t know about trading Ras for a guy you’re just hoping can play center. Necas is also only like 2 years younger than Ras, the RFA status is certainly a plus though

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Flame's can do much better if they choose to shop him
I doubt that, there isn’t many young 70 point RW available. I will say that this trade doesn’t make sense because Calgary just traded half of their defense away and they don’t really have a great defensive outlook for the future.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
You want a 1C for Rasmus? He doesn't have that value. Plus Necas was drafted as a natural C and could get a shot there similar to Lindholm. I think he would be a point per game player in the right system with ~20 mins/game.

Huberdeau-Sharangovich-Necas
Zary-Kadri-Coronato/Pospisil

or

Zary-Necas-Coronato
Hubes-Kadri-Sharangovich

Then we still have multiple firsts and tons of other picks this year until 2026 to draft that 1C
Now show the defence pairings without Andersson.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Now show the defence pairings without Andersson.
We'd definitely need to sign a replacement like Montour or Walker or Matt Roy, which would be a big downgrade, but we aren't gonna be a playoff team next year either way. Plus it seems like we'll be drafting in the 8-12 range and the most high-upside targets seem to be Yakemchuk or Parekh. If there was a great C available in our range I wouldn't wanna do this, but seems like we're loading up on D prospects so this could help balance our roster in the future when we're actually competitive in 3-5 years when Rasmus is 30+ and up for an extension looking to cash in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad