Confirmed with Link: Raphael Diaz to Switzerland? (Starting next season,will remain under contract w/ NYR)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
http://heshootshescoores.com/diaz-per-le-prossime-5-stagioni-a-zugo-ma-con-clausola-duscita/

Rough translation...

ZUG - Large market hit of Zug, who on Wednesday afternoon announced that it has put under contract for the next five years, the defender Raphael Diaz , currently the organization of the New York Rangers but has not yet played a match in the NHL Current championship.

The contract signed by the player, however, has an exit clause, which would be triggered only if an NHL club offered him a one-way agreement for a period of at least two years, option to date actually remote.

Currently injured, the current vintage racing got a goal and two assists in 10 games in the AHL with the Hartford Wolf Pack, while last season he recorded four points in 59 games with the Calgary Flames. Rangers had instead played the final for the Stanley Cup in 2014.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The 'Raphael Diaz Night' press conference and formal announcement should be coming shortly.

*Bob Richards*

I'm not sure why but, "Has not yet played a match in the NHL current championship" was really funny to me lirl.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It's for next season BTW. He'll finish this season in NA.

Yep. Looks like the Rangers won't let him out of the contract.

There were various rumors surrounding Diaz' future and a possible return to Switzerland this season. However, since the New York Rangers will not dissolve Diaz' contract, the defenseman is bound to stay in the United States until this coming spring. Due to an injury, Diaz has only appeared in ten games for the Hartford Wolfpack, scoring three points. (bsc)

http://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php...h-zug-raphael-diaz-will-return-to-switzerland

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I still don't understand this. How many countless players have fled their NA contracts and signed elsewhere?

It's uncharacteristic of the Rangers too considering they've let others bolt (Lombardi last year for example). Guess they feel Diaz is too important to their future plans this season to let walk out the door?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It's uncharacteristic of the Rangers too considering they've let others bolt (Lombardi last year for example). Guess they feel Diaz is too important to their future plans this season to let walk out the door?

What this means is that they're going to trade Girardi and Staal for 3 1st round picks and give Diaz a permanent spot, actually :D

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As NHL talent Diaz is fairly pedestrian. Never really been able to stick in one place. Where he's been he's pretty much a 6-7.

Don't know if the poster yakking about Summers getting the call up is serious but Diaz hasn't played in well over a month. Why would the Rangers recall him? When he was playing in Hartford he wasn't playing very well.

To me it looks as if Diaz's days in the NHL are over. I seriously doubt any team is going to give a two year one way deal. Not at his age and not with his resume.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
when chris summers is getting time with the rangers u know u should hold on to diaz for the season.

Did AV not say Diaz would of been called up instead of skjei but he was hurt ?

Anyways good for Diaz as he's honouring the contract but gone next year back home . No one wanted him on waivers so writing in the wall

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Did AV not say Diaz would of been called up instead of skjei but he was hurt ?

Anyways good for Diaz as he's honouring the contract but gone next year back home . No one wanted him on waivers so writing in the wall

That's correct. Diaz has been injured. I don't think he's even recovered enough to practice with the WP yet. He wasn't on the roster for their recent game against Utica.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pretty weak if the team is just refusing to honor a wink/nudge agreement.

I wonder how much truth there was to the whole "Play in the minors for a month and we'll let you go back home if you're still down there" thing. It seems more likely to me that the team would say to him, "Give it a month and we'll reevaluate our needs and where we stand."

It would be silly to let him go now, considering the defense is banged up. Had he himself not been injured, he would have already been up at least once by now. The Rangers have always been very accommodating of players wishing to leave the organization, so I'd be really surprised if they were reneging on some sort of agreement. Who knows, though. Maybe things have changed a lot with Gorton at the helm.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wonder how much truth there was to the whole "Play in the minors for a month and we'll let you go back home if you're still down there" thing. It seems more likely to me that the team would say to him, "Give it a month and we'll reevaluate our needs and where we stand."

It would be silly to let him go now, considering the defense is banged up. Had he himself not been injured, he would have already been up at least once by now. The Rangers have always been very accommodating of players wishing to leave the organization, so I'd be really surprised if they were reneging on some sort of agreement. Who knows, though. Maybe things have changed a lot with Gorton at the helm.

If Diaz really wanted out I'm sure the Rangers would let him go. What I think actually happened was 1. the European season being further along than the NHL the openings for a place he'd like to land really weren't there and/or 2. he got injured which closed his options off. It may be then that sticking in Hartford gives him a regular paycheck.

FWIW--10 games played with a goal and two assists of production and a -4-------he wasn't really tearing it up in the AHL. He's a smallish defenseman with defensive issues. We have a better one of those in Dan Boyle. We really don't need two players like that.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I wonder if there is a trade in the works to send away one of our defensemen? It would make sense that they wouldn't violate the contract if they plan on shipping someone out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad