Rant central -- you know you need to let it out

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Love that the article pinpoints one specific goal against and calls the entire team soft because of it. Absolutely hilarious in its stupidity.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
That is literally the worst piece of writing I've ever read. So many things wrong:

1. Play-offs? It's playoffs. Putting in the hyphen made me read it like the alien from South Park in the Trapper Keeper episode. Hu-man four-square? Play-off hock-ey.

2. One goal in one game in the first five games of the season defining a team. Great. Fold the team, Cal Clutterbuck singlehandedly ended the franchise.

3. Using hits as a barometer for potential success. It's been said time and time again - to make a hit, the other team has to have the puck. Other team having the puck equals failure.

4. A Linkin Park reference? You ******** me? Linkin ****ing Park?

5. The article was short, ill-conceived and poorly researched. There are posters on this board who produce better content on a regular basis. This guy **** this out to meet a deadline, it appears.

6. If you want to claim the Sharks won't win the Cup because they lack depth, because of system issues, because of specific leadership issues, play styles not adapting to playoff play, that's great. I think there's been some great discussion on this board over the Sharks failures and hopes of future success. But I'm really sick and tired of sports media reverting to the "Sharks are soft lol they will literally never win ever" narrative. There are some fairly compelling reasons behind the Sharks lack of Cup success. The fact they've gotten outhit through six games or got scored on once by Cal Clutterbuck is not one of them.

7. And seriously. Linkin Park? Ugh.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
People be mad that even though we suck we keep winning games and aren't like the Oilers, so they just dump the Chokers never win cups statement over and over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad