Rankings of best on best rosters, right now

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If all nations have acess to best possible team right now, how would u rank the nations?

1: Canada
2: USA
3: Finland
4: Russia
5: Czech
6: Switzerland
7: Germany
8: Sweden
9: Slovakia
10: Latvia

This would be my top 10.

Canada is clear nr 1. USA, Finland, Germany and Swiss are getting better. While Czech, Slovakia, Sweden and Russia have dropped a bit.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Russia might be 5th but I'm not certain. Can't help but feel centers are a weakness with Malkin declining and getting old. They probably could still beat USA, Sweden and Finland on a good day.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Russia might be 5th but I'm not certain. Can't help but feel centers are a weakness with Malkin declining and getting old. They probably could still beat USA, Sweden and Finland on a good day.
Russia has the best wingers in the world, the best goaltenders in the world and their defense massively improved, the centers are a weakness, you are correct here, but overall I think Russia is definitely top 3.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
If all nations have acess to best possible team right now, how would u rank the nations?

This would be my top 10.

Canada is clear nr 1. USA, Finland, Germany and Swiss are getting better. While Czech, Slovakia, Sweden and Russia have dropped a bit.
:laugh::laugh:

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Russia has the best wingers in the world, the best goaltenders in the world and their defense massively improved, the centers are a weakness, you are correct here, but overall I think Russia is definitely top 3.

Would they ever consider converting some of those wingers to center? If I'm not mistaken, didn't Kravtsov, Buchnevich and Svechnikov all play center at the U20?

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Sweden is still very, very strong. I don't know why some Sweden fans are so sensitive (nothing is perfect)? There is no reason to be skeptical. The potential is too great for that. The depth is enormous! I will not be lulled. I always count on the Tre Kronor. I say that as a Fan of the Finns.

My Ranking!

1. Canada
2. USA
3. Sweden
4. Finland/Russia

6. Czech

7. Switzerland
8. Germany
9. Slovakia
10. Latvia

Finland and Russia is very tight. Goalies and Defense almost equal. Russia has the better W and Finland better C.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
1. Canada
2. Russia
3. USA
4. Finland
5. Sweden
6. Czech Republic
7. Switzerland
8. Germany
9. Slovakia
10. Latvia
11. Denmark

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
2: United States
3: Sweden
5: Finland
6: Czech
7: Switzerland
8: Slovakia
9: Germany

Yeah, I would agree with this.

The profile of Sweden's defense is down a bit, while Russia's and Finland's defenses are trending up, but there is still a gap there.

Finland and Russia have similar strengths and weaknesses, but I just think the emergence of guys like Kaprizov and Buchnevich give Russia an edge up front.

Czech's profile is up slightly, maybe finally have quality goaltending. But they would need a prime Hasek to be competetive with that defense.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

This would be my top 10.

So, Sweden that has like 15 Top 4 NHL Ds is below Germany that has 0? Makes sense.

Sweden is number 3 at the moment. Slightly behind USA

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
1. Canada
2. USA
3. Russia
4. Sweden
5. Finland
6. Czech Republic.
7. Switzerland
8. Germany