• Other....please list

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I just read that it was tampering on Lucic, Subban and Stamkos in a short space of time. The Subban tampering elicited a complaint for the Habs. The other two I think were the source of the fine.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I understand why people are voting for other options, but firing Gilman led to things like the Eriksson, Gudbranson, Sutter, Sbisa, Beagle etc signings being as bad as they were.
I don't believe the firing Gilman and co made much of an impact to be honest. Benning made plenty of bad moves before Gilman was fired. The Kesler trade, Vey trade, Dorsett trade and contract, signing of Stewart, Sbisa extension, etc. were all made with Gilman around.

Just because Benning had dissenting voices in the room doesn't mean he actually listened to them. It's not like things started to go bad the minute Gilman left. They were always bad with Benning.

Last edited:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Voted Kesler trade for reasons stated in the last thread.

It set the table for what Benning’s tenure with the Canucks would be.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
The JT Miller trade has the potential to be the worst move if we end up giving a top 5 pick.

If we were being fair we should also do a poll of his best moves, like drafting Pettersson and Hughes (Hughes may have been the consensus pick but Pettersson wasn't).

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Please add that we are now in Cap Hell, and we have a ton of useless players we would like to get rid of.

IN particular - Eriksson, Schaller, perhaps Sutter, etc. So bad that we didn't qualify a decent D man in Hutton. Threw silly money at Guddy and Sbisa, yet is worried about a few dollars on a decent serviceable player.

Reactions: daddyohsix

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
If we were being fair we should also do a poll of his best moves, like drafting Pettersson and Hughes (Hughes may have been the consensus pick but Pettersson wasn't).
Drafting Pettersson was one of the only moments of excitement/happiness I've had for this team during Benning's tenure. Can't imagine anything else would come close to winning that one

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
The Juolevi pick for me. That's maybe the worst pick this organization has made since Stojanov. And I doubt we'll be trading him for Naslund.

Remember when you get a chance to draft a defender who plays like Niklas Lidstrom you jump all over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad