Ranking the worst Benning moves

Which is Benning's worst decision

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
This one seems pretty easy...
Loui Eriksson contract. Never sat well with me from the onset. The World Cup gave ya hope... but... downhill ever since.
Best thing about it, is that its half over.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I have a bad feeling about that first we just sent to Tampa turning into the Ottawa situation.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
what an incredible list. I can't really choose, but I voted Juolevi over Tkachuk. Jim obviously decided Olli was the pick at the world juniors, and completely ignored Tkachuk's second half and playoff run. The canuck scouts who were watching london that year must have been so pissed.

but the miller trade has the potential to be the worst by far. The idea of an ottawa-style lost season with no pick at the end would be crushing, devastating, gut punch for an entire generation of canucks fans.

Carnal

May 29, 2018
I voted the Gudbranson trade but it took me a while to select that option as there have so many other horrible decisions made. The Juolevi pick, Sutter trade, Eriksson, etc.

Not many wrong answers here.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
What a list of suck. I'm tempted to just vote "Other" because while maybe there hasn't been a truly horrifying move, it's largely been death by a million cuts so far with Benning here.

Though I would rank the JT Miller trade up there with passing on Tkachuk and the Ryan Miller non-trade to SJS.

Almost forgot: he tried to trade the 2015 1st for Lucic too... lol.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Surprisingly, Benning doesn't have that one Erat-Forsberg or Hall-Larsson level trade yet, which I think may actually explain why he still has support... this list truly is death by a thousand knife wounds rather than a single gunshot though.

Picked Juolevi over Tkachuk, because while it wasn't the most inexplicable move he has made to date, with hindsight it's the one that absolutely hurts the franchise the most. The stupidest at the time of the transaction is probably the Gudbranson trade.

The Sbisa/Beagle/Eriksson/Myers contracts are horrendous, but the team was/is so bad as is, with no sign of improvement through this window, that the ultimate impact won't be as lasting as losing out on a Debrincat level player, without even considering McCann or the negative impact Gudbranson had on our defense.

Firing Gilman/Henning as the only check on his insanity has to be up there too.

Yeah, the moves that really created the chasm between the two sides (Sbisa + Dorsett extensions, Kassian-Prust trade) led to their firings, which then led to the unmitigated chain of events from June 2015 to September 2016 that make up the bulk of the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00