Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other....please list

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Process-wise it had to be the Sbisa signing because he was bidding against himself. That was the moment I knew for sure that we were in for a rough ride with Benning.

At least Loui was a top unrestricted free agent and had some leverage.

Reactions: MarkMM

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
OJ over Tkachuk for sure here. I had it arguable that it was worse than the Gudbrandson trade for #1. This sole miscalculated decision, also directly ties into having the need to move next years 1st for Miller:

Tkachuk-Petersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-UFA
1st round pick owned (or traded for RHD which I still would not have been a fan of but could be better than Myers contract)

Way better than what we are left with now.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This is so tough. It is either the Gudbranson contract or Sbisa contract. In either case watching a terrible player for an extended period on your own team and then giving him a stupid extension that made no sense.

Vegas got them out of the Sbisa one but they are now stuck with the Pearson contract as a direct result of the Gudbranson extension.

And then there's the Eriksson contract, but at least I don't know, it was reasonable to think he might be OK value for the first two years at least. Sbisa and Gudbranson demonstrated both that they were not NHL regulars before signing massive extensions. But then neither is as damaging as Eriksson.

f*** it, voted Gudbranson. It's impossible to choose so I take it on the basis that he should have learned by then.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Getting nothing of note out of the Kesler trade really kickstarted this non-rebuild. Obviously that is connected to the crappy Sutter and Gudbranson trades as well.

Gross

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Couldn't find the Gudbranson trade on the list...would have been close between it and the Eriksson contract.
Chose Eriksson because of the impact on the organization has been huge. First, he didn't live up to expectations with the Sedins, so the whole idea of staying competitive while the Sedins were still playing didn't work. Second, it was the overpayment of overpayments. Third, the structure of the contract hamstrung the team for years. Horrible, horrible deal.
Disliked the Juolevi pick over Tkachuk at the time but I don't think that story has finished yet. The full impact won't be known for a few years.

Edit: it also seems a little weird to have the Myers contract as an option...

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Harder decision here but ultimately I think the Juolevi pick hurt the team more going forward. I wanted to say the Gilman firing but really as AGM how much say would have he had to shoot down some of Jim's dumbest ideas.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
This is so tough. It is either the Gudbranson contract or Sbisa contract. In either case watching a terrible player for an extended period on your own team and then giving him a stupid extension that made no sense.

Vegas got them out of the Sbisa one but they are now stuck with the Pearson contract as a direct result of the Gudbranson extension.

And then there's the Eriksson contract, but at least I don't know, it was reasonable to think he might be OK value for the first two years at least. Sbisa and Gudbranson demonstrated both that they were not NHL regulars before signing massive extensions. But then neither is as damaging as Eriksson.

**** it, voted Gudbranson. It's impossible to choose so I take it on the basis that he should have learned by then.

Pearson played really well for us last season. He looked good with Horvat. Not sure what your gripe with Pearson is.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I have to go with Miller for a first and a third again. A non playoff team just doesn't trade it's own first round draft pick, the potential for disaster is huge and I am fully expecting it to be a lottery pick.

Reactions: ginner classic

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Based on votes so far, it's clear people don't want to mix a hyopthetical Myers deal with known transactions. Should I remove it for next round and we can re-slot it on July 1 (sorry....it is happening).

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
Based on votes so far, it's clear people don't want to mix a hyopthetical Myers deal with known transactions. Should I remove it for next round and we can re-slot it on July 1 (sorry....it is happening).
I’d be for removing it. Where I slot it on the worst moves depends a lot on salary and term, which we don’t know even if we assume that he’s signing here.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Getting nothing of note out of the Kesler trade really kickstarted this non-rebuild. Obviously that is connected to the crappy Sutter and Gudbranson trades as well.

Gross
Yeah this is my worst move, the net Kesler transaction is one of the worst things I’ve seen from a GM.

The original Kesler trade wasn’t bad aside from the fact Botch reported the Canucks chose Sbisa over Theodore/Vatanen, but turning Bonino and McCann into Sutter and Gudbranson (while adding 2 seconds) in less than two years is bat shit crazy.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Juolevi draft if we're just looking at the results. However, every team drafts busts once in a while and a big chunk of the blame also has to go to the amateur scouting department as well.

The entire Gudbransson trade and contract has got to be the worst in terms of the reasoning behind the move.

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Eriksson contract gets a lot of hate, but at the time I don't remember being that upset about it. He had shown that he had chemistry with the Sedins at the WHC and it was thought that even if he wasn't going to continue scoring 30 goals (lol) he would at least be a good two-way player and do the little things (lol) well.

The contract at the time wasn't horrific but Eriksson MASSIVELY under-performed here to the point of embarrassment. No one could have predicted that much of a downfall.

IMO the Juolevi pick or the Gudbranson extension were much worse at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00