ranking the top offensive prospects for the last 10 drafts

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I don't follow the draft as much as others so I was wondering if people can rank where the players would rank going into the draft.(not NHL success but hype)

Reinhart
McDavid
Eichel
McKinnon
Hopkins
Hall
Seguin
Taveres
Yakapov
Stamkos
Kane
Crosby

Feel free to add to the list. I am curious to see where Reinhart falls in this group.
Thanks!

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I don't follow the draft as much as others so I was wondering if people can rank where the players would rank going into the draft.(not NHL success but hype)

Reinhart
McDavid
Eichel
McKinnon
Hopkins
Hall
Seguin
Taveres
Yakapov
Stamkos
Kane
Crosby

Feel free to add to the list. I am curious to see where Reinhart falls in this group.
Thanks!

In terms of hype?

Probably something like this... (Admittedly, it gets a little gray toward the bottom. Kane, for instance, became very good, but he was hardly a consensus top pick with JVR and Turris -- both of whom he became markedly better than -- battling him for No. 1 honors all season long.)

Crosby
McDavid
Tavares
Eichel
MacKinnon
Stamkos
RNH
Hall
Seguin
Reinhart
Kane
Yakupov

If you mean where they would rank in a re-draft and would as such know how some of these guys would pan out at this level...

Crosby
McDavid
Stamkos
Eichel
Kane
Tavares
Seguin
MacKinnon
RNH
Hall
Reinhart
Yakupov

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Reinhart
McDavid
Eichel
McKinnon
Hopkins
Hall
Seguin
Taveres
Yakapov
Stamkos
Kane
Crosby

Thanks!

Jeez. Pre draft hype? My attempt:

Crosby

McDavid

Stamkos

Kane

Tavares

Hall
Seguin
Eichel

Yakupov

RNH

Mackinnon

Reinhart/Bennett/Jryzydal

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wait. Misread. I ranked them as based on hype and buildup and buzz in their respective draft years. Is that what you were asking?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Reinhart
McDavid
Eichel
McKinnon
Hopkins
Hall
Seguin
Taveres
Yakapov
Stamkos
Kane
Crosby

Thanks!

Crosby
McDavid
Eichel
Tavares
Stamkos
Hall
Seguin
Kane
MacKinnon
Yakupov
Reinhart
RNH

ZeroPT*

Kane had crazy hype. People were showing up at his door step when he was 14 to convince him to join their team.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Wait. Misread. I ranked them as based on hype and buildup and buzz in their respective draft years. Is that what you were asking?

Well I guess hype meaning what was thought to be the best prospect that year then rank them as to how it would be if they were in the same year...It sounds confusing I was more interested in the way people talk about McDavid and Crosby compared to the rest of the bunch and where Reinhart would fall.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Well I guess hype meaning what was thought to be the best prospect that year then rank them as to how it would be if they were in the same year...It sounds confusing I was more interested in the way people talk about McDavid and Crosby compared to the rest of the bunch and where Reinhart would fall.

So you basically just want them all ranked based on their draft year?

I think I'd go this order, just looking at their draft eligible seasons:
Crosby
McDavid

Eichel
Kane
Tavares
MacKinnon
Stamkos

Hall
Seguin

Reinhart
Nugent-Hopkins
Yakupov

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
1. Crosby
2. Stamkos
3. Kane
4. Seguin
5. Taveres

Sorry I can't project McDavid, Reinhart, Eichel as none of us have seen them play against NHL defenses.

From what I have seen McDavid appears to be on the same level as Crosby, so ifg I had to guess could be #2.

Eickel appears to be more of a Stamkos player but I'd put him just behind Steven.

Reinhart woudn't make the top 5 and I'm not sure he'll be better than Taveres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad