Ranking the Top 98's in the OHL

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Good list.. Wolves will need to acquire a top end '98 born player thru the Import draft (hopefully Abramov or Sokolov).. Bourque is going to sky rocket up this list throughout the upcoming year.

NorthHockey

Sep 9, 2014
Several of the top 98's have been conditioning in Jr. B and jr.A with lots of ice time, including numerous 98 goalies who will crack the line up this year.

Watch for several surprises and the top 20 to change.

Should be interesting come camp time and finalizing rosters, not to mention off season trades.

On that note, top 10 on the list is pretty good.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I appreciate the feed back guys.

As far as Kyrou, trust me I debated his placement heavily. I could justifiably have him anywhere from the 7th spot to where he landed at 10. I just couldn't have him in front of Chychrun, Day, McLeod, Brown, Felhaber or Mete. I'm very high on Kyrou moving forward however and look forward to seeing him plenty next season.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Good list.. Wolves will need to acquire a top end '98 born player thru the Import draft (hopefully Abramov or Sokolov).. Bourque is going to sky rocket up this list throughout the upcoming year.

Sokolov becomes Sudbury's best player. Huge upgrade to the '98 group.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
With jones and tkachuk juolevi coming to london they are in the top 10 for 98's one would assume.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
That's not how birth years work haha. At the end of the day, he'll still be an 18 year old player next season. This is ranking the upcoming 17 year olds.

Both a player born in December of 97 and a player born in January of 98 will both start the season as 17 year olds and finish the season at 18 and get drafted at the same time. It makes a lot more sense to compare draft years.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Both a player born in December of 97 and a player born in January of 98 will both start the season as 17 year olds and finish the season at 18 and get drafted at the same time. It makes a lot more sense to compare draft years.

the title of the article is TOP 98's. What don't you get here?

OTownApologist

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, ON

There are a few guys on the list that are late born 98s who will be drafted in 2017. This isn't about draft eligibility status, it's purely about the guys born in 1998.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
The list was strictly about the top players born in 1998, aka players drafted in the 2014 OHL draft.

It was also done on June 5th, and was based on the Top 98's in the OHL last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad