Ranking the new third alternate jerseys

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
Here's is MY rankings and why.

1 Pittsburgh: A great inversion of their color scheme with the same great logo

2 Colorado: Similar to the original Rockies jersey. A big improvement from their primary jersey.

3 St Loius: These next 4 teams are on point with their original classic '80s jerseys

4 Calgary

5 Edmonton

6 Washington

7 Los Angeles: It OK, but I prefer the yellow and purple originals and the original logo.

8 Ottawa: It's historic and no worse than their primary.

9 San Jose: It's ok, but I like their primary teal jerseys so much better.

10 Chicago: Something old, yet new again.

11 Columbus: It's alright I guess, but their primary jerseys are better.

12 Anaheim: The old logo is somewhat of a classic, I guess.

13 New Jersey: Would rank near the top IF they used their home red instead

14 Philadelphia: Don't care for black. Their orange primary jerseys are so much better.

15 Boston: Would do so much better with an inversion of their color scheme like Pittsburgh.

16 NY Islanders: Don't care for the alternate logo.

17 Winnipeg: Don't mind the inverted color Scheme, but I would appreciate the primary logo.

18 Carolina: Don't like the Black with the red and grey trim color scheme. Would prefer if they changed their primary jerseys to green and White, similar to the old Hartford team.

19 Arizona: Horrible striping. Don't like the primary black color. don't like the logo. There was no need to bring back some crappy jersey from the late '90s. The worst era in the history of the league for jerseys.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Jets jersey grew on me, but the only thing I really dislike is the Jets on the front. I would've rather a throwback as many other Jets fans would.

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
top priority. when you walk into the arena is the team still recognizable in their alternate? If not, then fail
I agree.

That's why I like either an inverted color scheme like Pittsburgh or a classic jersey from the '80s like ST Loius, Edmonton, Calgary, and Washington.

It's also why I'm lukewarm at best toward Columbus's third jersey, don't like Winnipeg changing their logo for their alternates and I hate Arizona's third jersey that looks NOTHING like their current primary jersey that's so much improved!

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
people mock when teams go all out on 3rd jerseys, but when teams keep it safe the fans say go bolder...... yep cant win

I say go crazy. Its a 3rd.

Reactions: Cellee and KCC

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Tiers IMO:

Good
Ducks, Flames, Avalanche, Senators, Sharks, Capitals

Okay
Coyotes, Blue Jackets, Kings, Islanders, Blues, Jets

Bad
Hurricanes, Flyers, Penguins

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
people mock when teams go all out on 3rd jerseys, but when teams keep it safe the fans say go bolder...... yep cant win

I disagree.
That's what they did in the late '90s. Many teams went crazy, screwing around with perfectly good logos and color schemes and replacing them with garbage. Thankfully, all the teams that screwed around with their logos and color schemes in the '90s (Pittsburgh, Washington, Buffalo, NY Islanders, Philadelphia) have all gone back to their original or an improved version of their original.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of the Isles one when it was announced but it is absolutely beautiful in person.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
The Jets jersey grew on me, but the only thing I really dislike is the Jets on the front. I would've rather a throwback as many other Jets fans would.

I love the color scheme but it's bland and the workmark is meh.

I'd love to see them revise that jersey.

I agree. I find the colour scheme very attractive, but I can't get around that wordmark. It's like the last Flames' third jersey: there were lots to like about it, but the ugly wordmark killed it for me.

When they just slap on the team's name written across the front, it just screams lazy and uncreative to me.

Reactions: Machinehead

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

I mostly agree with you, but I want mild "crazy" :laugh:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I agree. I find the colour scheme very attractive, but I can't get around that wordmark. It's like the last Flames' third jersey: there were lots to like about it, but the ugly wordmark killed it for me.

When they just slap on the team's name written across the front, it just screams lazy and uncreative to me.

I really liked the Flames alternate jersey, but thought it was rather dumb to say Calgary on it with the flaming C to the side, I actually would of liked that Jersey to become the main jersey but change the front logo.

That side logo was probably one of the best alternate logos I've ever seen.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Why do so many people like those Coyotes jerseys? They are hideous, lol.

Ikr? Back in the day the Yotes and Ducks jersey's were a complete laughing stock. Fast forward and the nostalgia is strong, man. lol. Personally I agree that Arizona's throw back jersey and logo are still just as bad as I remember. For the Ducks, I never had a problem with the jersey itself, just the logo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad