Ranking the Leafs Assets #4

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
I would have to go with JVR. Not sure if we plan on keeping him but he has a ton of value around the league with what remains a very good cap hit. The 2016 1st could surpass his value but it will need to be a top two pick to do so.

DWest89

May 15, 2015
JVR is a (former 2nd overall pick) top line winger on a very good contract. At the deadline teams should be lining up to try to acquire him for their playoff push. Trading him would fetch us a first round pick + +. I find it hard to say that our 2016 first (which could be a top 5, or could be a top 15) is more valuable than a sure-thing first line winger.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
I don't really see them as 'assets' in the conventional sense, because they can't be used in the economics of signing and trading to make your team better. They're the managers and yeah they have some serious intangible value, and if we were valuing the Leafs as a stock they would certainly boost our value. But as it is they can't be used as 'currency' to make our team better so I don't consider them 'assets' in the hockey sense. They are hella valuable though

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
That is your future asset and so are any years in future (i.e. 2017, 2018 and so on) - and I said we should talk about 2016 (next year), so what's wrong with it?

Because although we can't currently use it, it still has value and we can gain assets from it by trading it. I don't understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad