Player Discussion Ranking our Defensemen (In Terms of Value) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
By the holy light! Brodin wins the poll 23 votes to Spurgeon's 22 votes! With nobody else receiving votes I think we can all assume they would go 2&3. Next up is #4! I added Folin to the poll.

1. Suter
2. Brodin
3. Spurgeon
4. ????

Be sure to put why you voted for who you did!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Folin, I went with most value to the team this year. The Wild have missed his physical defensive presence.

Scandella and Dumba both have more trade value.

Edit* If it comes to a Dumba/Scandella tie (Folin has no chance of overtaking either of them). I'd vote for Dumba with more (trade) value than Scandella: RHS, younger, cheaper, and more potential.

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I voted trade value, which I think is easily Dumba. Scandella is the better player now though.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I voted for most important to the on ice product so I voted scandella. Could have been folin based on this season so far but I still think Scandella is the better player who has just had a rough start to the season.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Best trade value: Dumba
Best raw value: Scandella
Best value so far in '16-17: Folin

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandella is the correct answer. When he is on the ice i can relax, for the most part. Not so much for Dumba. Folin is better than last year, but let's not get crazy here. He is still a very basic Dman.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
More value? Dumba. Scandella is bigger and just as physical, but is already a complete product, where he is what he is and he isn't going to really get significantly better at this point. Dumba still has more upside, especially offensively. On a top 4 that already has 3 really good defenders, there is room for an offensive dynamo. So, value to the team: Arguably Dumba. Value in trade: Not quite as arguably, Dumba.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So Dumba's a hero now that he scored?

If Scandella hadn't hit the post and it had gone in, would he be getting more votes?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

If Scandella hadn't hit the post and it had gone in, would he be getting more votes?

I don't know, I've always been a Dumba fan. Probably because I love watching PK Subban. Dumba is that style of player; ever since we drafted Dumba, I've been hoping he could develop into a shadow of Subban. He's got that "it" factor.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Looks like most of Dumba's votes were before he scored, so I don't see the correlation.

Scandella has been pretty crappy all year long so far.

space321

May 11, 2011
Dumba's only 22. Scandella's been kinda bad ever since his dad passed away, but I'm starting to see a bit of his old self these past couple games.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

It was tied or +1 when I checked before the game. Looks like it could be a tie so far. I voted Folin, but put in who I would vote for in tie-breaker.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
The fact these polls are so tight shows how many good defensemen on the same level of play we have. Suter is the clear standout, a franchise #1. Then we have a bunch of good #2-#4 guys. Not a bad situation to be in. I kinda have a gut feeling that Fletcher will make a significant trade this season, provided we stay competitive and in the hunt for the division win around the trade deadline. Add one elite forward and we are a legit Cup contender.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It was tied or +1 when I checked before the game. Looks like it could be a tie so far. I voted Folin, but put in who I would vote for in tie-breaker.

Exactly, when I voted as the game was starting, I was the tying vote for Dumba... both were at 13. There's been a whole 2 more votes in the entire poll since then and they both went to Dumba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad